The different types of blackjack games
Same game but different rules
While there are several types of blackjack, the most popular among casino players are classic blackjack (the original, which comes from Europe) and American blackjack. The objective of the game is the same in both cases, but it is interesting to learn the characteristics of each version so that you can choose the one that best suits your taste and skills. Whichever version you prefer, here's how to play online blackjack.
The best types of blackjack
There are a few variants of blackjack that have become increasingly popular over the years. However, the most popular and the one that still generates the most excitement to this day is the Spanish 21, which took off in the French casinos of the eighteenth century. Since then, and over the years, the classic blackjack has evolved into variations such as American blackjack, multi-hand, double exposure, Atlantic City, and so on.
The rules of classic blackjack are simple: hit with your cards 21 or get as close as possible without going over. In its more traditional version, or in other versions such as multihand, each player plays one hand at a time. Now, thanks to online casinos, you can enjoy live gambling as if you were in a land-based casino.
Although blackjack is a game that originated in Europe, its great popularity made it spread to all parts of the world. When it arrived in the United States, it adapted somewhat to the local players. Although the objective of blackjack remains the same, some rules differ from those of classic blackjack. The American blackjack variant is one of the most popular versions and has evolved into other versions.
Live blackjack allows you to virtually replicate the experience of playing in a land-based casino. Although you still participate via your computer or mobile device from the comfort of your home, in this version you face a real dealer.
Using technology, you can now simulate a real game via streaming. For more information you can take a look at our dedicated live blackjack page.
Types of blackjack: differences between classic blackjack and American blackjack
Both variants share the same goal: to beat the house. However, the American version has advantages for the player, as it allows him to know in advance whether or not the house has a blackjack. In addition, it allows the player to collect a blackjack in advance if the dealer's revealed card is an Ace. Although in this case the payout is 1 to 1 instead of 3 to 2 (as in a normal play), it is a good way to ensure a profit.
Other types of blackjack
Multi-hand blackjack is a very interesting variant of classic blackjack. In this type of blackjack, players are allowed to play up to five hands at once, while the house continues to play a single hand. All hands played by the player are played at the same time and the cards are dealt from the same deck. The rules that apply to the dealer are the same as those for single-hand blackjack.
Speed Blackjack (Evolution Gaming)
Evolution Gaming has designed Speed Blackjack, a faster and more dynamic version of traditional blackjack. Speed Blackjack introduces a key difference: the order of play as players make their decision varies. After the first two cards are dealt to the players, the player who decides first between splitting, hitting or doubling down receives the next card. This dynamic is repeated until all the cards are dealt.
Getting to know baccarat
If you are passionate about blackjack, you will probably also be interested in trying baccarat. It is a card game similar to blackjack and has gained popularity in recent times. It is most common for a single player to face the house, but it is possible to increase the number of participants in the game. If you are a fan of the James Bond saga, you will have seen this game in a film.
feedback FAQ about Types of blackjack
- What are the different types of blackjack?
- Classic blackjack has mutated into other variants such as American blackjack, multi-hand blackjack, California blackjack, double exposure, Atlantic City blackjack, etc. They all retain the essence of the original, approaching 21 without going over. But each version includes small variations in its rules that add a different and unique touch to the variant. Try a few variants so you can find out which one suits you best. keyboard_arrow_right
- Which is the best among the different types of blackjack?
- It would be unfair to give a definitive answer. All variants retain the thrill and adrenaline of combining a share of chance with a great deal of strategy. In our opinion, players should be encouraged to try them all and decide for themselves. If you want to play in an online casino for an almost real-life experience, we recommend you try live blackjack. keyboard_arrow_right
- Where can I play different types of blackjack online?
- There are plenty of online casinos and most of them offer traditional table games such as roulette, baccarat or blackjack. Do a little research on the web to find out which casino offers a wide range of games and has good reviews. After that, create an account at your selected casinos and get ready to start the fun.