PayPal is one of the most widespread online payment methods available today. It was founded in California back in 1998 to revolutionise online banking forever. Some of the 200 million active users from more than 200 countries also choose PayPal for hassle-free transactions at various online casinos. After all, once you’re all set up, all you need to start making deposits or withdrawals is an email and password, if even that.
Today there are many other similar e-wallets like Skrill and Neteller that specialise in iGaming and can offer more benefits like in the form of lower fees for its customers and less bureaucracy for the operators. That’s part of the reason PayPal as a casino payment method is limited in availability and can be generally found only as an option for players in the UK or Germany. Although PayPal is available in France, only locally licensed operators may actually have this method in the cashier at best.
PayPal, best deposit solution in UK
PayPal is a worldwide online payments system created to make it easier to pay for goods and services online without having to share your credit card or bank details with a merchant.
Chances are that if you’ve used eBay or have paid for services online, you already have a PayPal account. For that reason, casinos just make it easier and more accessible for new and existing players to make a deposit or withdrawal using a service that’s more familiar and allows them to use an existing credit/debit card or pay with direct debit the easy way.
Among other conveniences is the fact that casino transactions will only be displayed on PayPal and not your bank account. And that holds true whether you have any money on the e-wallet or it’s credited directly through the bank.
The Best Online Casinos That Accept PayPal
For the past years the number of online casinos that accept PayPal as a valid payment method has increased, but in most cases it’s still limited to certain countries and jurisdictions, like Germany and UK.
Here’s our selection of top casinos where you’ll find this payment method
WHICH ONLINE CASINOS ACCEPT PayPal IN 2019?
How to Use PayPal (Step-by-Step Method)
Let’s guide you through the exact process of using PayPal at your preferred online casino, even if you don’t have the account.
Here’s How to Create a PayPal Account
If you’re new to this e-wallet then go to PayPal and click “Sign Up” to begin. Then, choose “Personal Account” if you want to have it for personal use. Note that there are no registration or monthly maintenance fees, although this is subject to change.
Next, enter your email address and create a password. Note that you can add more email addresses to your account at any point in the future, so go easy on yourself when making your first choice.
Having entered other personal details like home address you then get to link a debit or credit card, including Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, American Express and Discover.
Keep in mind that further KYC verification may be required to lift standard limits.
Once you’ve created a payment account, you can top it up by transferring funds from your linked payment method or continue as is. Finally, make sure that your main currency is the one you use most often to avoid PayPal’s high conversion fees!
Making Deposits with PayPal (Existing Customers)
- Choose PayPal as Your Deposit Method
- Enter an Amount to Deposit (for exemple £100)
- Connect to your Paypal Account and Confirm the Deposit at PayPal’s Website
When you’re done creating a casino account and are all set up with PayPal, then visit the cashier and choose it as a payment method if it’s available.
You’ll then be redirected to PayPal’s secured check-out page where you’ll need to enter your registered email and password to log in as proof that you’re the account holder.
In fact, if you have PayPal One Touch activated, you don’t even have to enter anything but click “Continue” to process your request right away. This works on both mobile and desktop, although there some are additional risks.
Making Withdrawals with PayPal
Based on industry standards and regulations, withdrawals from an online casino account must be made the same way as deposit, whenever possible. Since PayPal payments can be made in both directions, it’s likely that the majority of PayPal casinos will let you cash out the same way.
Once the money reaches PayPal, you can keep it there or withdraw to your linked bank account or credit/debit card; usually for a fee.
- keyboard_tab What type of fees can I expect to pay using this payment method?
- Depending on a casino, you may be charged a small fixed amount or a percentage from the transaction. With PayPal, it’s free to buy something unless it involves a currency conversion.
- keyboard_tab How long does the deposit and withdrawal take?
- Payments involving e-wallets are usually among the fastest in terms of transaction times, so as long as the casino processes your request in a timely fashion, the money should be credited or debited from your PayPal account in a matter of minutes.
- keyboard_tab Can I withdraw?
- Yes, usually you can withdraw your funds from a PayPal casino as long as you also make a deposit using the same method.
- keyboard_tab How much can I deposit?
- The minimum and maximum limits depend on the operator and your PayPal account restrictions, which is why it’s important to verify your membership with the latter to increase your payment allowance for a certain time period.
- keyboard_tab What if my currency is not supported by the casino?
- You can still use PayPal, but you’d have to pay for a premium for currency conversion.
- keyboard_tab Is it safe to use PayPal?
- If anything, PayPal is one of the safest online payment methods, including an elevated security feature that protects buyers and sellers not only on eBay but on any other website.
- Trusted and secure payment method
- Easy to use for deposits and withdrawals
- PayPal casinos are generally more trusted
- Casino or operator name not reflected on bank statement
- Payment details are never shared with a casino.
- Payment restrictions
- Limited availability
- High internal fees
- Account required
To wrap it up, PayPal has turned into a household name for online payments and e-wallets. It’s very easy to use and as secure as it gets, but most online casinos have found better options in the form of many similar services. Unless more players start demanding it, it’ll remain one of the recommended payment methods mainly for markets like Germany and the UK.