The software developer IGT is a New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) listed company that operates in the global lottery and gaming Industry and is headquartered in the United Kingdom. The company's target markets include both government-sponsored and commercial gaming industries with solutions that include lottery, gaming and interactive through retail, mobile and internet channels.
IGT offers a wide assortment of games, some of which include licensed themes. The company boasts of delivering almost $6 billion dollars in life-changing payments to players. You can find their products on casino floors as well as online, and include video gaming, video lottery terminal, syncstations and tournaments.
Amongst their slot offerings, they offer progressive jackpots such as Mega Jackpots Cleopatra and Mega Jackpots Siberian Storm. With the branded slots they offer, you can find Star Trek Against All Odds, Family Guy and CSI: Las Vegas as well as others. IGT also offers table games that include variations of Roulette, Black Jack and poker. They even offer support for live casino games.
The developer has also been recipient of several rewards over the years that include Casino Equipment Supplier at the 10th Annual international Gaming Awards in 2017.
Strengths and weaknesses
The products from IGT have several great highlights that we endeavour to mention below, that include:
- a core competency in cabinets for casinos, video lottery and video gaming as well as table games,
- the use of HTML5 to allow seamless play on desktop, mobile, tablet and wearable devices for Android and iOS,
- well over 100 games with diverse themes, that include proprietary as well as licensed brands,
- slots that have progressive jackpots, offering larger prizes, and table games that include variations of Roulette, Baccarat and poker,
- support for live casino games,
- recipient of several Industry awards as recently as 2017, 2016 and 2015.
To the downside, it is unfortunate that:
- a limited selection of progressive jackpots,
- a relatively limited selection of games with licensed brands.
Promoting responsible gambling
IGT recognizes that they have a responsibility to promote responsible gambling, so to that affect they support and collaborate with problem gambling advocacy groups and trade associations. These include but are not limited to Responsible Gambling Trust (RGT) and the European Association for the Study of Gambling (EASG).