Paysafecard is an award-winning and one of the most widespread prepaid payment methods. It’s operated by Paysafe Holdings UK Limited, which is a subsidiary of the same group as Skrill and Neteller.
Since its founding in 2000, Paysafecard has grown to be sold at over 600,000 sales outlets in 46 countries worldwide, and has also become a popular means of payment for casino players in the UK, Germany, Switzerland, Sweden, Norway, Finland, and Austria, where it’s currently headquartered.
Paysafecard comes in the form of a voucher, e-voucher or prepaid Mastercard.mThe main distinction between other banking methods is that it comes with a PIN that you have to purchase at one of the many shops, like ASDA, WHSmith and PayPoint.
Although this is not the most convenient of payment methods, it’s one of the most private ones; that is until you need to make a withdrawal using a different service.
Additional user features and loyalty programmes like “my paysafecard”, “My PLUS” and “paysafecard Mastercard”, as well as a smartphone app, all make it that much more convenient to use as well.
Quick information :
- Name : PaysafeCard
- URL : www.paysafecard.com
- Founded : 2000
- Email : [email protected]
- Type : Prepaid card
TOP Casinos that Accept Paysafecard
Here’s our list of TOP Paysafecard casinos, including approved sites and players’ favourites (Tip: use our casino comparer to match them for features!):
How to Use Paysafecard at Online Casinos (Step-by-Step)
If you’ve ever topped up a pay-as-you-go mobile SIM with a voucher then the process of using Paysafecard is similar in nature. Here’s how it works.
How to Get a Paysafecard?
First, you need a Paysafecard. If it’s available in your country, then you can find your local sales outlet with their online search feature or use the free iOS or Android app to do it with less effort.
Paysafecard usually comes in the following amounts: 10, 25, 50, 75 or 100 GBP (at PayPoint, additionally: 125, 150, 175 GBP), or equivalent in your local currency.
If you would like to be able to make more frequent or bigger payments, then consider opening a “my paysafecard” account with an Unlimited status. For that you’d need to register an account and proceed with a full verification. This will give you a complete overview of your transactions.
Additionally, you may also apply to a rechargeable prepaid card, known as “paysafecard Mastercard”. Use “my paysafecard” to top up funds and use it anywhere Mastercard is accepted.
Making Casino Deposits with Paysafecard
To start with, make sure that the casino actually accepts this type of payment method. Select it from a menu in the cashier and enter the 16-digit PIN that you received on your purchase or just scan the QR code on the ticket which will do that for you automatically.
Note that you don’t need to use the entire amount, so any money left over on the voucher will be made available for future use. With that in mind, you can also combine different Paysafecard vouchers by entering their PINs one at a time to use up any remaining balance. Doing so, mind the minimum banking limits on the casino’s end.
Can I Make Withdrawals with Paysafecard?
One of the biggest limitations of this payment method is that it can only be used to make deposits and not withdrawals. Therefore, you’d have to choose other means of getting your winnings out of a casino, which is generally less confidential.
- What type of fees can I expect to pay using this payment method?
- Paysafecard is a cost-efficient payment option, so casinos usually charge the same as for Skrill or Neteller. However, the company will charge you a monthly provision fee if you don’t use the full amount within 12 months. keyboard_tab
- How long does the deposit take?
- It takes a matter of seconds or minutes for the deposit to appear on your account. keyboard_tab
- How much can I deposit?
- Paysafecard deposit amounts are limited by the voucher you buy. Usually it’s somewhere between 10 and 100 GBP per voucher, although these can also be combined on larger transactions. keyboard_tab
- Can I use Paysafecard only once?
- No, you can use it how many times you like until you run out of prepaid funds. keyboard_tab
- What if my currency is not available when I pay with Paysafecard?
- Paysafecard will then convert your currency and apply an exchange rate. To see exactly how much it’ll cost you, use their currency converter calculator on the site. keyboard_tab
- How safe is it to use Paysafecard?
- Paysafecard has e-money licence issued by the British Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and is operated by a subsidiary of Paysafe Group Plc. Unlike other means of payment, when using Paysafecard you don’t have to enter your personal details or your bank or credit card information. However, Paysafecard is like cash: if you lose the PIN, you lose the money. If you have “my paysafecard”, then in such instances you can immediately lock the PIN and request a refund.
- Sold in 46 countries worldwide in local currency
- Trusted and secure service provider
- Safety features and customer tools
- My PLUS loyalty programme
- Accepted by many online casinos
- Relatively cheap compared to other payment methods.
- It takes time and effort to get it from a brick and mortar retailer rather than online
- Some casinos restrict welcome bonuses when using this payment method
- Not convenient when depositing large sums
- Easier to lose the PIN and money
- Withdrawal option not available.
Paysafecard has become a brand synonymous with prepaid vouchers, which is one of the reasons many online casinos have come to accept it as a deposit method. Although there are clear limitations especially when it comes to withdrawals and the amounts, many customers are prepared to pay the price for added privacy and widespread availability.
Be sure to learn more about our TOP Paysafecard online casinos and don’t forget to leave your feedback below our independent reviews as well!