The card game Blackjack became very popular in the 1960s, after the very effective strategies of the basic strategy and card counting were developed and helped to beat the dealer and win money.
Today, Blackjack is one of the great classics of the casino games, but choose wisely, there are several different types, such as Blackjack Switch, Royal Blackjack, Double Exposure Blackjack, Spanish 21 and 21 Blackjack Madness for example.
Unlike slot machines and roulette for example, the game involves real decision making from the players. This means that it is important to master the basics before you start playing for real money. However, this is easily done, and you can find out more on this page.
You can also find a free online Blackjack selection without download or registration. These games are perfect to explore the games without having the risk of loosing money during the learning process. You can also find a list of the most played and the most profitable Blackjack games in 2019.
✅ Best casinos to play Blackjack
Register offer50 Dep. SpinsT&C apply
- No wagering conditions
- Fast Withdrawal
- Great bonuses & rewards programme
- Free spins welcome bonus
- Live table games
- Favourable withdrawal policies
- Large selection of payment methods
Register offer£100T&C apply
- impressive library of 3000+ games
- 24h average withdrawal time
- FeedBACK Certified
- mobile Friendly
- UK lincensed
- withdrawals processed every day
- Innovator of the Year 2016 and 2018 Awards
Register offer£99T&C apply
- 800+ games
- good withdrawal policy
- random bonus free spins
- UK Licence
- phone support
Play online blackjack for free without download
In order to win money at Blackjack you need to get a higher hand than the dealer without going over 21 points, in which case you would lose the game. Playing a hand begins with placing the bets, in which you simply place the chips with a value of our choice on the bet field on the table. Once this is done you receive two cards and the dealer one or two, depending on the variant of the game you are playing. All that remains then is for you to choose the game options you want to perform. The possible options are detailed more below. After it was your turn, it is the dealer's turn. The dealer will follow the same set of rules and draw card until the dealer reaches 17 or more points. In the next step your hand is compared to that of the dealer and you win money if you have the higher hand, or loose your stake if the dealer has the better hand.
Here you can find a list of free blackjack games to train with. The games have been created by many different developers, such as Netent, Betsoft, Microgaming, Playtech, RTG (RealTime Gaming) or Rival.
The best casino sites to play online blackjack for real money
It is important to learn the rules of the game first by playing free Blackjack games. Once you have mastered the rules you can play the game with real money. This is the only way to fully enjoy the thrills this classic casino game has to offer. You can find a great selection of reliable and trustworthy casinos on FeedBACK Casino where you can play Blackjack in 2019.
How to play blackjack, learning about the legal rules of the game
The goal of blackjack is relatively simple: you need to get a higher valued hand than the dealer, without exceeding 21 points.
The card values
To determine the value of your hand, you need to add up the value of each individual card, that have values of:
- ace is worth 1 or 11,
- face cards have a value of 10 points,
- all other cards have their respective point value as shown on the card.
The blackjack hands
Depending on the card values, you can get different types of hands in a game. These are:
- a natural blackjack that consists of only two cards and has a total value of 21 points. this is the strongest hand in a game. You will immediately win against the dealer and also receive a special payout of 3:2,
- a hard hand that consists of a hand with an ace, and it can only count as 1 point, as it would go over 21 points otherwise,
- a soft hand that consists of a hand with an ace that can count either 1 or 11 points without the risk of exceeding 21 points,
- a pair that consists of two of the same cards.
A blackjack game begins with the distribution of two cards. You can then choose from different game options:
- hit, where you draw one or more cards,
- stand, where you signal not to draw any more cards.
Depending on the cards of your first hand you also have the following additional options:
- doubling your stake (double), where you receive one more card and then stand,
- splitting a pair (split), where each hand is then played separately,
- take out insurance (insurance), where you pay for an insurance against a blackjack of the dealer.
In any case, you should not take out the insurance in a game. Statistically, the insurance is always in favour of the bank.
Live online Blackjack with a real dealer at a real table
A new type of blackjack emerged in the early 2000s on the Internet. It offers you the possibility to enjoy the game under the same conditions as in a land-based casino. This is achieved through a webcam connection, and you can play at a real table against a real dealer. This type of Blackjack game does not require a download and is called live Blackjack. It is played at a slower pace and is very close to the games played at a real land-based casino.
Mobile online Blackjack on phones and tablets (iOS / Android)
Anyone wanting to play Blackjack on an iPad or iPhone will be happy to hear that there are also the HTML5 blackjack games that can be played on any type of mobile device, regardless of whether it is a smartphone or iOS or Android tablet. This type of application (app) offers you the opportunity to play where ever you want, for example if you are waiting for the bus or when you are on vacation.
Online Blackjack on Facebook (social)
Social networks, such as Facebook are becoming increasingly popular, and you can find many applications developed for these types of networks. In this long list of apps, there are also a lot of games with various variants of free blackjack.
Online Blackjack tournaments
After the success of poker at the beginning of the century and the growing popularity of major international tournaments, the tournament system had been converted to other types of casino games. This means that you can also find Blackjack tournaments on the Internet. They add to the fun of the usually solitary game with a competitive element.
Winning at blackjack in a casino with the best strategies and methods
As blackjack requires you to make different choices, your behaviour greatly affects the outcome of a game which means that it is a central part. While you practice the game you become better and can benefit from this knowledge and win. As I mentioned in the introduction, there are several effective techniques to greatly reduce the advantage of the bank. In the following paragraphs you can find out more about the strategies and find some tips for playing the game.
Blackjack with small real money bets
After a few games in demo mode to learn the rules of Blackjack, you can spend real money to experience the full thrills offered by this classic game. However, it is better to first play Blackjack in a casino that offers smaller bets so you will not loose too much money in your first games in real money mode.
Free casino bonus for blackjack
It is also interesting to try an online casino that offers a free bonus for blackjack. It is very rare, but it still exists, and it may be worth taking a little time to find such a casino. Those players who wish to learn more about the various bonuses can visit our section on promotions and bonuses.
The basic strategy
This popular method has its origins in the work of an American mathematician Roger Baldwin. In the 50s he used probability and statistics in order to devise a technique that he published a scientific journal.
The main idea of the article was to develop a method that suggested to play with the option that was most likely to win, depending on your dealt cards and the dealer's open card. The basic strategy is usually presented in a table, such as the one below:
How to count cards at Blackjack (card counting)
The basic strategy is very interesting and can lower the house edge of Blackjack below 1%. There is also another, even more effective technique. It was developed in the 1960s by another American mathematician named Edward O. Thorp. His method of card counting allows players to track the cards to determine if those remaining in the deck are to their advantage or not. This valuable information allows you to determine whether or not to raise your bets, lower them or stop playing at the table all together.
Different systems of card counting were developed over time. The simplest way to start is still the Hi-Lo Count or K.O. Count. There are also some more efficient, although a little more complex systems, such as Hi-Opt I and II.
However, you should be aware that card counting is unfortunately ineffective in most online blackjack games. If you play a software game the deck of cards is shuffled between each round in most cases. However, this is not the case in live games operated by a live dealer as they offer exactly the same playing conditions as you can experience in a land-based casino. These types of games give you the chance to count cards on the internet.
Basic strategy of Blackjack
- How do I play Blackjack?
- You must place a bet prior to being dealt your first two cards. You can then decide whether to "stand", meaning to not ask the dealer for another card, or "hit" meaning to ask the dealer for another card. The goal of the game is to get a higher card hand than the dealer's without exceeding the sum of 21. Of course, there are a few other things to consider and different game options, but essentially these are the basics of Blackjack rules. keyboard_tab
- How is the value of the card hand calculated in Blackjack?
- he value of all cards from your card hand must be added together to arrive at your total. An ace is worth either 1 or 11, and face cards like the King, Queen and Jack are all worth 10 each. All other cards are worth the value of the numbers printed on them. keyboard_tab
- What is a Natural Blackjack?
- A Natural Blackjack is a hand consisting of only two cards with a total value of 21. It is the strongest hand in Blackjack and usually has a payout of 3: 2. keyboard_tab
- What is Blackjack insurance?
- If the dealer's first card is an ace, you can take out insurance to protect you against a possible natural Blackjack from the dealer. To complete the insurance, you must pay an additional stake worth half of your initial bet. You win this side bet and receive a payout of 2:1 if the dealer's second card is a 10 or a face card. keyboard_tab
- Should I take out insurance against the dealer Blackjack?
- It is best not to take out the Blackjack insurance because this side bet always has an advantage for the bank. Only players who have perfected card counting can use this option to their advantage. keyboard_tab
- How do you win at Blackjack?
- There are two effective techniques that increase your chances of winning Blackjack money. First, there is the basic strategy that can lower the House edge of the bank to less than 1%. This can then be combined with a card counting system, giving you an edge in the game. keyboard_tab
- What is the basic strategy?
- This is a method used in the Blackjack game and gives you the opportunity to choose the best chance to win depending on which initial cards you and the dealer were dealt. keyboard_tab
- Can I count cards in Blackjack?
- There are several systems that track the distribution of cards and give you the opportunity to know which cards are left in the card shoe and whether it is in your interest to increase your bets accordingly. keyboard_tab
- What is live Blackjack?
- This is a type of online Blackjack where the game is broadcast live via a webcam from a real casino and the table is operated by a real dealer. In this game you can play under the same playing conditions as in a land based casino. keyboard_tab
- What are the different variants of Black Jack?
- There are many variants of Blackjack, including European Blackjack, American Blackjack, Pirate 21, Super 7, Pontoon or Atlantic City. The basic rules of these versions are usually the same with the differences arising mostly in the distribution of cards or different side bets.