Review written by Sophie Couard, on April 25, 2016.
Sydney is the capital of Australia, a young and dynamic city that attracts many tourists from around the world every year. The list of its attractions is very long, and includes leafy parks, forests and amazing surrounding islands that you should not miss. The city is surrounded by nature, which gives it a certain charm, and then there are also many beaches (Long Reef Beach, Bondy Beach, Palm Beach, etc). You can also find some of the best surfing spots in the world, such as Cronulla. Casino players can also find The Star Casino. It is a huge casino complex, the second largest in Australia, after the Crown in Melbourne, and it was inspired by the casinos in Las Vegas and Macau.
A very nice game selection
The huge games room extends over two levels. It is open all week at any time of day or night, and everyone who is over the age of 18 can access it.
The slot machines
The casino is equipped with a very large game selection of over 1,500 devices. There are games for every taste, such as:
- games where you can win a progressive jackpot,
- traditional slot machines with mechanical reels,
- latest generation video slots with digital screens,
- video poker,
- video keno,
- multi-game devices,
- electronic roulette games.
The table games
The selection of traditional table games also leaves nothing to be desired. You can find numerous tables with:
- blackjack challenge,
- Vegas star blackjack,
- Mississippi stud,
- Caribbean stud poker,
- three card poker,
- European roulette,
- Vegas star roulette,
- sic bo,
- pai gow,
- wheel of fortune,
- casino war.
You can also find a nice poker room on the main gaming floor and play at 20 tables. You can play texas hold'em against other players in:
The complex also offers a large room where you can play mahjong against other players:
- traditional mahjong on Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Sundays at 10.30 am, 2.30 pm and 7 pm,
- baida mahjong which is held on Tuesdays and Saturdays at 10.30 am and 2.30 pm.
Bingo games are organised every Tuesday and Thursday at 11 am, 2 pm and 5 pm. You can win a jackpot, a $2,100 cash prize and a prize of $1,400 worth of casino chips. The registration costs $2 per session.
Many other things to do
Like many other casino complexes inspired by those of Las Vegas and Macau, The Star in Sydney also offers many other services aside from the casino games. You can stay there for several days without having to leave the premises, and still be completely entertained.
There are over 350 rooms and suites spread over three hotels. You can opt to stay in:
- the Darling that offers stylish and contemporary accommodation with stunning views of the harbour,
- the Astral Tower that deserves its 5 star rating given its luxurious facilities,
- the Astral Residences that offers real apartments with 1, 2 or 3 bedrooms each with a private balcony.
You can have a meal at one of the many restaurants in the complex, and you can find the following:
- gourmet restaurants (Black by Ezard, Momofuku Seiobo, Osteria Balla Manfredi, Sokyo and The Century),
- mid-range restaurants (Antidote, Fat Noodle, Food Quarter, Fuel, Harvest Buffet, Pizzaperta, Pop Up and Mai Vang Lounge).
You can also visit the following for a small snack :
- the DGrill offering Turkish specialties,
- the Flying Fish and Chips with an English fast food menu,
- the Adriano Zumbo that features many pastries,
- the Messina Gelato that features a large selection of ice creams,
- the Pulse Express that offers a great selection of sweet delights,
- the Ribs & Burger that offers a menu inspired by American fast food,
- the Din Tai Fung that offers Asian specialties.
You can have a drink at one of the following places:
- the 24/7 Sports Bar which is the perfect place to watch a match in a feverish atmosphere,
- the Balla Aperitivi Bar which has been inspired by Italian cafes,
- the Black Bar that has an elegant atmosphere,
- the Cherry which is very contemporary,
- the Sokyo Lounge that features a great selection of cocktails.
If you are into partying, you can also visit the following nightclubs :
- the Marquee with electronic music,
- the Rock Lilly with rock 'n' roll music.
Leisure and wellness facilities
You can enjoy entertainment and relaxation in:
- a theatre,
- a spa (The Darling Spa),
- a gym,
- a swimming pool,
- a shopping centre.
In short, it is a very nice establishment. The Star in Sydney has many things to offer, and besides excellent restaurants and many bars, is really the games room that is worth visiting. There are many different table games and even the a mahjong room, which is not very common in the casinos.
By car : Motorway A4.
By bus : Line 389 – Stop The Star.
By plane : International airport of Sydney.
24 hours, 7 days a week.