Review written by Sophie Couard, June 2, 2016.
Saint-Galmier is located between Lyon, Saint-Etienne and Clermont-Ferrand, and it has become a popular spa town famous for the quality of its mineral waters. The city attracts many tourists every year who come to discover the beautiful landscapes and multiple monuments. These include the basins of the Roman baths, the Maison Renaissance, the Manoir de La Teillière , the Châteaux de la Croix Mission, the Doue, the Rey and the Verney. There is also an interesting casino in the town. But what exactly does it offer? This is what you can find out in the next paragraphs.
125 slots, ultimate poker, blackjack and roulette
Partouche Casino in Saint-Galmier - Le Lion Blanc is located inside an early 20th century manor and welcomes you in a charming atmosphere near the famous sources of Badoit. The elegant casino is accessible to everyone over the age of 18 years who is not prohibited from gambling and able to present a valid identity document.
The slot machines
The slot machines are available Sunday to Thursday from 10 am until 3 am, and until 4 am on Friday and Saturday and you can play at 125 devices accepting stakes from 1 cent to €2. In the selection are the following types of games:
- games where you can win a progressive jackpot, such as the famous Megapot and Megapok for example,
- traditional slot machines with mechanical reels,
- modern video slot machines with digital screens,
- video poker in many different versions,
- an electronic English roulette with 6 spaces.
The table games
Fans of traditional games can play at 4 tables with the following games:
- 1 table with ultimate poker that is open Monday to Thursday from 9 pm to 3 am, on Friday and Saturday from 9 pm to 4 am and on Sunday from 8.30 pm to 3 am,
- 2 tables with blackjack that are open on Wednesday and Thursday from 9 pm to 3 am, on Friday and Saturday from 9 pm to 4 am and on Sunday from 8.30 pm to 3 am,
- 1 table with English roulette that is open on Wednesdays and Thursdays from 9 pm to 3 am, on Friday and Saturday from 9 pm to 4 am and also on Sundays from 8.30 pm to 3 am.
A bar and restaurant but no hotel
The game selection at the Partouche Casino in Saint-Galmier - Le Lion Blanc is very nice, but this is not everything the casino has to offer. There is also a bar and a restaurant where you can take a break and rest between the games. However, unfortunately, there is no hotel in the establishment. Below, you can find out what the place has to offer in more detail.
Having a drink
The Sit & Go bar is open the same hours as the slot machines room Sunday to Thursday from 10 am until 3 am, and until 4 am on Friday and Saturday. You can find a large selection of hot and cold drinks with or without alcohol. There are beers, different wines and cocktails some classic and some original available on the menu. There is also a snack menu, and if you are a little hungry you can order some savoury or sweet dishes.
The Brasserie Le Lion Blanc is open every day from 12 pm to 2 pm for lunch, and from 7 pm to 10.30 pm for dinner. You can enjoy a fantastic menu and eat in a newly decorated dining room that allows you to enjoy a fantastic panoramic view of the whole region. You can choose from the following dishes, for example:
- hot foie gras and scallops, cream of asparagus or soup as starters,
- scallops à la plancha, burgers or roast as main courses,
- tartelette, a piece of black forest gateaux or a gourmet coffee as desserts.
As mentioned earlier, the complex does not have any accommodation, but Saint-Galmier and its surroundings feature many quality hotels. Close to the casino is the La Charpinière, a charming 3-star hotel in an old manor with prices starting from €75 per night.
In short, you will not be bored at the Partouche Casino in Saint-Galmier - Le Lion Blanc as it offers a lot of entertainment. The restaurant is also very good and offers many original dishes. It is surely a place that you should discover if you are in the area.
By car : Motorway A42.
By train : Train station of St-Etienne Châteaucreux is 20 min away (TGV Paris direct in 3 hours) and train station of Veauche is 10 min away.
By plane : Airport of Saint-Exupéry in Lyon is 1 hour 15 minutes away and the airport of St-Etienne / Andrézieux is 15 minutes away.
Slot machines : Sunday to Thursday from 10 am until 3 am, and until 4 am on Friday and Saturday.
Ultimate poker : Monday to Thursday from 9 pm to 3 am, Friday and Saturday from 9 pm to 4 am and Sunday from 8.30 pm to 3 am.
Blackjack and Roulette : Wednesday and Thursday from 9 pm to 3 am, Friday and Saturday from 9 pm to 4 am and Sunday from 8.30 pm to 3 am.