Review written by Sophie Couard, on April 28, 2016.
Bandol is ideally located at the Côte d'Azur and offers a famous marina and magnificent panoramic views of the Mediterranean coast, as the town is slightly elevated. There are also beautiful beaches and beautiful coves that are ideal for swimming. In addition to being a perfect beach location, the reputation of the town also comes from the wine, as they produce local AOC certified wines.
Another highlight in the town is also the large casino that is one of the 50 largest in France in terms of turnover. The famous Partouche Casino in Bandol has a lot to offer, and I will explain the services in more details in the rest of this review.
A tastefully designed casino
The establishment is located at the beach and has a contemporary design. There are also some conditions that have to be met when you want to enter the casino, such as:
- not to be banned from gambling,
- be at least 18 years old,
- present a valid ID card.
The slot machines
The slot machines room has a warm design, and you can play at over 120 devices accepting denominations from 1 cent to €5. They are available from Sunday to Thursday from 10 am to 3 am and until 4 am on Fridays, Saturdays and eves of public holidays. You can play the following games:
- games where you get the chance to win a progressive jackpot, such as the famous Megapot and Megapok,
- 40 traditional slot machines with mechanical reels,
- 60 modern video slot machines with digital reels,
- 20 video poker games in different variants,
- an electronic roulette with 12 spaces.
The table games
The room with the table games has a modern design and is open Sunday to Thursday from 8.30 pm until 3 am and until 4 am on Fridays, Saturdays and the eves of public holidays. You can play at 4 tables offering the following games:
- 2 tables with English roulette with minimum bets starting from €2,
- 2 tables with blackjack with minimum bets starting from €5.
Fans of texas hold'em poker can play this type of poker against other people in the poker room. There is 1 table available from Sunday to Thursday from 8.30 pm until 3 am and until 4 am on Fridays, Saturdays and the eves of public holidays, and you can play games with buy-ins from €50 and blinds from €2/€4.
Dining, drinking and entertainment
The Partouche Casino in Bandol is obviously not just a casino where you can play and enjoy their fantastic game selection. The establishment also has different spaces where you can relax and clear your head between the games. You can find a bar, a restaurant and a theatre. However, there is no hotel available in the establishment.
You can enjoy a delicious cocktail, a glass of wine or a cold beer in the lounge and relax. The bar area has the perfect location and offers stunning views of the sea from the terrace, and you can admire the Bay of Bandol with a 180° view over the island of Bendor while enjoying:
- cold drinks,
- a glass of wine,
- fruit juices,
There is also a snack menu with:
- croque monsieur,
- an Asian basket,
- different burgers,
- some tapas,
- a cheese and deli platter.
The Brasserie welcomes you in a panoramic room that is open every day from 12 pm to 2 pm, Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays also from 7.30 pm to 11 pm, Thursdays and Sundays from 7.30 pm to 11.30 pm, and on and from Fridays and Saturdays from 7.30 pm to midnight. You can order:
- a caesar salad, an Asian dish, or a deli platter as a starter,
- beef tartare raw or grilled, salmon steak a la plancha, a cheese burger or linguine with carbonara sauce as a main course,
- an île flottante, tiramisu or a piece of pie of the day as a dessert.
The establishment also has a concert hall that occupies an area of 500 m² and can accommodate up to 250 people. Events are held regularly, and you can enjoy plays, concerts and comedy shows.
As I already mentioned before, the establishment does not have a hotel, which means that you cannot stay at their premises overnight, and you will have to look somewhere else for accommodation. This not a real problem, as Bandol is full of hotels. You can find the following hotels near the casino:
- the Hôtel La Villa Florida ** starting from €51 per night,
- the Key Largo ** starting from €70 per night,
- the Hôtel de la Baie *** starting from €88 per night,
- the Hôtel Ile Rousse Thalazur Bandol ***** starting from €186 per night.
In conclusion, I can say that there is a lot to do at the Partouche Casino in Bandol. In fact, the game selection features all the classics, and the interior design is very nice too. You will enjoy playing there!
By car : Motorway A50– Exit n°12.
By train : SNCF train station of Bandol.
Slot machines : Sunday to Thursday from 10 am to 3 am and until 4 am on Fridays, Saturdays and eves of public holidays.
Table games and poker : Sunday to Thursday from 8.30 pm until 3 am and until 4 am on Fridays, Saturdays and the eves of public holidays.