SMS Voucher is a very fast, safe and secure method of depositing funds. There is no fee charged by Flexe Payments, which is the issuer of SMS Vouchers, however, some merchants and distributors may apply their own fee.
SMS Voucher is a Stockholm, Swedish Fintech owned by PayGround AB that provides a smart mobile voucher solution which allows you to top up your accounts in a safe and secure medium. SMS Vouchers comes in 3 different currencies and predetermined amounts. This method targets several online industries in Scandinavia that include dating, gaming, music streaming and travel with a top up limit of 2,500 SEK. This payment method supports SEK, NOK and EUR. SMS Voucher is licensed and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Why SMS Voucher?
SMS Voucher is a very fast, safe and secure method of depositing funds. There is no fee charged by Flexe Payments, which is the issuer of SMS Vouchers, however, some merchants and distributors may apply their own fee. There are no ongoing monthly or annual fees.
The best online casinos offering SMS Voucher
We’ve examined a number of casinos that accept SMS Voucher and we will be ranking them from top to bottom.
How does SMS Voucher work?
SMS Voucher is a mobile voucher that can be used to transfer funds via your mobile phone. Your voucher comes with a personal identification number (PIN) which you’ll need in order to redeem it at prospective merchant websites. Your balance declines immediately after your transaction.
Getting a SMS Voucher
You can get the vouchers through approved dealers, which may cost more, or online on the SMS Voucher website. If you choose to purchase it online then you’ll need to fill in the amount, mobile phone number and country fields.
Instructing a deposit using SMS Voucher
Depositing funds at a participating online casino is easy even though it may vary slightly from casino to casino. Simply go to the deposit section of a participating casino and select SMS Voucher as the payment method. Follow the instructions where you should be asked to provide an online PIN as confirmation of your deposit. Once validated SMS Voucher will notify the casino and the funds should appear in your player account shortly afterwards.
Casino withdrawal using SMS Voucher
Unfortunately, it is not possible to use SMS Voucher to withdraw funds, as in an e-wallet, from your player account so consider another withdrawal option such as a bank transfer.
Once you have purchased the voucher, it is ordinarily free to make transfers with. A maintenance fee of €2.50 per month or the equivalent will be applied on your remaining balance if your voucher has not been used on or before the used by date.
Transferring funds to an online casino will take a matter of seconds once the PIN has been authenticated and approved.
It is not possible to use SMS Voucher to withdraw funds from your player account since it is not an e-wallet or other account, so you will need to consider another withdrawal option such as a bank transfer.
SMS Voucher is only available in EUR, NOK and SEK to casinos that accept this form of payment method.
- You cannot spend more than the value of your voucher which keeps you disciplined when it comes to how much money you can play at a casino with any given voucher.
- There are no credit checks and no need to disclose private details and your card is protected by a pin number.
- Payments through SMS Voucher are instant and you can use the proceeds in mere seconds once your payment has been acknowledged.
- Your transaction cannot be reversed once your SMS Voucher is redeemed.
- Failure to protect your pin number can result in a loss of funds on the card if lost or stolen.
- The voucher must be used within 12 months of purchase date which is regarded as the issue date of the voucher. After that date you will have to apply for a refund which may be subject to a redemption fee of €20.
- The voucher cannot be reloaded with additional funds when empty.
- The maximum limit on a SMS Voucher is 2,500 SEK.
- Currencies are limited to SEK, NOK and EUR.
- The payment method is limited to the number of participating casinos.
SMS Voucher represents an interesting alternative to some of the other payment providers. Available to players only in predetermined amounts of EUR, SEK and NOK, the method is a fast, safe and effective way of transferring funds to an online player account in a Scandinavian casino. While there are drawbacks that include the inability to withdraw funds and to reload the card as well as limitations on voucher size and currency, it represents an interesting mobile voucher solution.