Mega Moolah Jackpot statistics and record payouts history
Mega Moolah from Microgaming is a record-breaking progressive jackpot game.
If we had to name one progressive jackpot slot above all others as the most popular of all time, then Mega Moolah would definitely be it! It is the product of Microgaming, a South African developer, and has earned a reputation for staying power and multi-million payouts. It finds its way into our blog from time to time precisely because of these spectacular payouts! Case in point, back in early September, a lucky player boasted a $4.7 million Canadian win, and as far back as September 2017, one lucky player won €7.7 million. Today in our blog, we've decided to take a look at Mega Moolah Jackpot statistics and record payouts history. We explain how to play, how the jackpot is won, and look at some impressive statistics. We invite you to read on.
How do I play Mega Moolah progressive jackpot?
Mega Moolah was launched in 2006 by Microgaming and has been a success ever since. This high volatility slot game has an African safari theme. We can't help but think about The Lion King from Walt Disney Studios when we gaze at the creative artwork. The game offers a 2x wild multiplier, free spins and a now-famous progressive jackpot.
Games that provide the chance to win the Mega Moolah progressive jackpot:
- Mega Moolah released in November 2006
- Mega Moolah 5 Reel Drive released in January 2009
- Mega Moolah Summertime released in May 2009
- Mega Moolah Isis released in August 2009
- The Dark Knight released in July 2012
Access these 5 Mega Moolah jackpot games in different ways:
- as a computer download version
- as a non-download (instant) version directly using an Internet browser
- on a smartphone or tablet, compatible with iOS or Android
Which jackpots can I win on Mega Moolah?
Some players don't realise that Mega Moolah offers not one but four progressive jackpots:
- Mini Progressive Jackpot beginning at 10 coins
- Minor Progressive Jackpot beginning at 100 coins
- Major Progressive Jackpot beginning at 10,000 coins
- Mega Progressive Jackpot beginning at 1,000,000 coins
When we talk about big jackpot payouts, then we're talking about the Mega Moolah progressive jackpot! Unlocking one of these jackpots requires you to randomly trigger the Bonus Wheel Feature that contains the following wheel spaces:
- 10 red spaces to win the Mini Progressive Jackpot
- 6 orange spaces to win the Minor Progressive Jackpot
- 3 yellow spaces to win the Major Progressive Jackpot
- 1 white space to win the Mega Progressive Jackpot
There are 5 games offering the chance to win one of the four Mega Moolah Progressive jackpots on mobile, instant or downloadable app.
A record Mega Moolah jackpot win
As you can see from the single white wheel space, winning the Mega Progressive Jackpot is not easy, but it has been done! It's important to note that the probability of winning a progressive jackpot increases with the level of wager. On September 28, 2018, a fortunate player found this out when he recorded the most massive jackpot win in the history of Mega Moolah and the biggest online win ever.
There are also some very significant runner-up winners when it comes to Mega Moolah jackpot wins which we also wanted to mention:
- The previous world record of £13,218,838.68 on October 6, 2015
- Mega Moolah record of CAD 20,059,287.27 on January 30, 2019
On average, the Mega Progressive Jackpot is won every 38 days with an average payout of $6,451,613.
Some interesting Mega Moolah statistics
On average, the Mega Moolah jackpot pays out every 38 days with an average amount of $6,451,613.
The jackpot has been won numerous times in multiple currencies:
- 18x in CAD (Canadian Dollars)
- 14x in EUR (Euros)
- 8x in USD (US Dollars)
- 7x in GBP (British Pound Sterling)
- 4x in NZD (New Zealand Dollars)
- 4x in AUD (Australian Dollars)
- 2x in ZAR (South African Rand)
If we look at the total number of wins in terms of platforms, we find some remarkable results:
- 30x using a mobile version
- 15x using a downloaded version
- 12x using a non-download (instant) version
Mega Moolah Performance for 2019 year-to-date:
|Jackpot Amount||Currency||Date||Game Type|
Up to the date of this blog, the Mega Moolah jackpot was won a total of 9 times, with roughly 2 months still to go until the end of the year. So far it has paid out over US$58.3m, and shows no signs of slowing down.
We hope you enjoyed reading about Mega Moolah Jackpot statistics and record payouts history.