Mega Moolah is a popular slot with a beast of a jackpot
Ever since Microgaming released Mega Moolah in 2006, this wild slot has been at the top of the online gaming charts around the world.
This casino game’s popularity is on a feedback loop: its progressive jackpot attracts more players, who cause the jackpot to increase, which in turn attracts more players... and so on. The phenomenon is so huge that Mega Moolah has made history several times by setting new records for the biggest jackpot payouts ever, to the point where it went over €15 million in 2020.
This classic mobile slot has an African jungle and savannah theme, with a medium volatility and an RTP of 88.12%.
Mega Moolah provides a fun gaming experience, with cartoon symbols and fun sound effects. Bear in mind that the regular payouts are not very big. On the plus side, we’re looking at the best of both worlds: a relaxing low-intensity slot that takes you to an exotic land, and the possibility of a truly life-changing jackpot payout!
Fun and timeless design
It’s very rare to see a game from the first decade of the century which continues to be visually appealing.
Mega Moolah stands the test of time.
Mega Moolah’s design relies on a bright colour scheme and cartoon animals reminiscent of Disney’s The Lion King.
The high-paying symbols are the lion, the elephant, the buffalo, the giraffe, the zebra and the antelope. The low-paying symbols are the traditional poker royal flush: 10, J, Q, K and A.
The game has a traditional slot machine design with five reels and three rows, against the red sky of the African savannah. The sound effects include the call of birds and other animals that include the lion.
Features include a x2 multiplier wild, bonus wheel and free spins with x3 win multiplier.
Mega Moolah features
Mega Moolah has a bet range of £0.01 to £6.25, with a wide variety of coin values and up to 25 paylines. The game features free spins with 3x win multipliers and wild symbols with a 2x multiplier. However, the wins are fairly low —with the exception of the astronomical progressive jackpots!
It’s worth pointing out that there are four different jackpots on Mega Moolah:
Higher bet levels increase your chances of triggering the Bonus Wheel and playing for the jackpots.
The Lion wild symbol is a 2x multiplier that can substitute all other symbols, except for the scatter. The best thing about it is that if you land winning paylines with the wild, you can win up to 15,000 coins.
Monkey scatter & free spins
Having at least three Monkey scatter symbols triggers a round of 15 free spins with 3x win multipliers. Getting 2, 3, 4 or 5 scatter symbols on the reels during free spins will bring on win multipliers of 2x, 3x, 20x or 100x, respectively.
Bonus wheel & progressive jackpots
Without a doubt, the most exciting feature of Mega Moolah is the bonus jackpot wheel, which appears randomly and gives you a chance to play for the jackpots. While it’s completely random, it’s worth noting that your chances of entering the bonus games increase with higher bet levels.
Keep in mind that the bonus wheel triggers the progressive jackpot spins, but you still have to land the right paylines to get the maximum prize.
Mega Moolah holds the Guinness World Record for the biggest jackpot in slot machine history.
Mega Moolah’s jackpots history
Mega Moolah’s jackpots paid out 12 times in 2019. That’s a fairly frequent hit rate for a progressive jackpot. But what’s most interesting is that the amounts are always insane!
Here’s a quick look at the last three record-breaking jackpots in Mega Moolah’s history. This includes Jon Heywood’s win in October 2016, which continues to hold the world record for the highest jackpot in history (keep in mind those currency conversion rates).
- $20,059,287 (CAD) - January 2019
- €18,910,668 - September 2018
- £13,213,838 - October 2016
Where to play Mega Moolah
We’ve published a lot of Microgaming casino reviews at FeedBACK Casino. To make things simple, we’ve come up with a list of our top three online casinos to play Mega Moolah.
We’ve tested these sites to verify the quality of their games and services, and our experiences put them at the top of the list. Of course, they all have licences from the United Kingdom Gambling Commission (UKGC), which is the ultimate guarantee of fairness, safety and reliability! They are also licensed and regulated by other reputable institutions, including the Malta Gaming Authority (MGA).
Clicking our links will automatically apply an exclusive welcome bonus upon registration!
- What is Mega Moolah?
- Mega Moolah is an online slot by Microgaming, known for its incredible progressive jackpot payouts. It’s currently on its way to setting a new world record with its jackpot of over €15 million! Check out FeedBACK Casino for more information and exclusive bonus codes to play Mega Moolah at the best online casinos. keyboard_arrow_right
- What is the biggest jackpot for the Mega Moolah slot?
- The biggest Mega Moolah jackpot payout was £13,213,838 in 2016, but the game will break its own record in 2020, with over €15 million in play! See our review for more details and a list of the best online casinos to play Mega Moolah. keyboard_arrow_right
- What is the RTP on Mega Moolah?
- Mega Moolah has a relatively low RTP of 88.12% and medium volatility. It makes up for this by having the highest progressive jackpots of any online slot. Visit FeedBACK Casino to get more information and see a list of our favourite casinos to play for a chance at the current jackpot, worth over €15 million! keyboard_arrow_right
- What is the maximum win on Mega Moolah?
- The maximum win on Mega Moolah is the progressive jackpot that is currently worth more than €15 million! See our review for more information about how to win it, and get a welcome bonus at the best UK online casinos to play Mega Moolah. keyboard_arrow_right
- What features and modifiers are there on Mega Moolah?
- Mega Moolah has wild multipliers, free spins and four progressive jackpots that pay huge fortunes. Visit FeedBACK Casino to see more details, including a list of the best online casinos to play for real money.