Originally known as Moneybookers, Skrill is an e-wallet and a global payments provider that was established back in 2001. It’s been operated by Paysafe Financial Services Limited since 2015 and holds more than 20 million accounts, of which many have been successfully used to make online casino payments that are fast, smart and discreet.
Note that this banking method is not an option for customers in France (see E-Pro) or Canada (see Interac).
Skrill for casino payment solution in UK
Skrill, like its sister Neteller, are among the most popular casino payments that are authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) in the UK. Ultimately, they let you purchase goods and services anywhere where Skrill or Mastercard is accepted, often much quicker and at lower rates than traditional banking methods. All you have to do is deposit funds from your credit/debit card or bank account, or even your cryptocurrency wallet.
The Best Online Casinos that Accept Skrill
Given its international reach, Skrill is very likely to be among the available banking options at your desired betting site. Just keep in mind that some casinos have restrictions that won’t activate a bonuses with this method, while others reward for doing so.
Here are some of FeedBACK Casino’s favourite and approved online casinos that accept Skrill (Tip: use our comparator to match them for other features!)
How to Use Skrill at Online Casinos (Step-by-Step)
If you choose to use this e-wallet for your next casino payment, then you first need to create a new Skrill account. Here’s how easy it is.
How to Create a Skrill Account
Create a free account by visiting Skrill.com and filling in the 1-minute registration form, including your email that will be used as your account ID. When you’re done, you need to add funds by setting your country of residence and wallet currency (40 currencies to choose from).
Keep in mind: for transactions involving currency conversion Skrill adds a fee of 3.99% to their wholesale exchange rates. Hence, choose currency that you’ll use most often.
Deposits can be made with regular bank transfer or credit or debit card, as well as alternative payment options like Neteller, Trustly, Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash. Mind the 1% fee and processing times for all (subject to change).
There are no account maintenance fees as long as you login or make a transaction at least every 12 months.
Making Deposits with Skrill (For Existing Customers)
When you’re ready, go to your favourite Skrill casino and sign up to make a deposit. In the cashier, choose a deposit amount and Skrill as a payment method.
You’ll then be asked to login to Skrill’s secure payment environment using your credentials: email and password. Better yet, if you have Skrill 1-Tap activated, you can also make single-click payments without entering anything.
Keep in mind that unlike PayPal, you won’t be able to make a deposit to a casino unless you have enough funds in your Skrill account.
The other option how to make the most out of their services is to apply for a physical or virtual card. You can then use the Prepaid Mastercard as a standard bank card instead of regular Skrill Balance.
Making Withdrawals with Skrill
Skrill withdrawals are also possible in most cases, although this will depend on the operator’s policies. What is clear is that cashouts are only enabled for members who’ve also used the e-wallet for deposit.
- What type of fees can I expect to pay using this payment method?
- Skrill deposits and withdrawals are mostly among the cheapest, which is why it’s also the most cost-effective casino banking method available today. keyboard_tab
- How long does the deposit and withdrawal take?
- Skrill is known to offer instant balance transfers, but given the regulations it may take a day for a casino to process a withdrawal, unless there are any mandatory pending times. Consider verifying your casino account for speedier payouts. keyboard_tab
- Can I use it to make withdraws?
- Yes, as long as you also use it for deposit on the same site. keyboard_tab
- How much can I deposit?
- The minimum and maximum amounts for this e-wallet is usually between 10-2,000 euro or equivalent in other currency and largely depends on casino T&C’s. keyboard_tab
- What if my currency is not supported by the casino?
- If your Skrill currency is not supported by a casino then you will be charged 3.99% on top of the Paysafe’s wholesale exchange rates. keyboard_tab
- Is it safe to use Skrill?
- Paysafe Financial Services Limited, which owns the brand, serves over 5 million consumers every month and is authorised by authorities like the FCA. By not exposing your credit card or bank credentials with the operator directly, you also add a layer of security. Consider enabling the Two Factor Authentication (2FA) for additional peace of mind.
- Fast and easy casino payments both in and out
- Skrill Prepaid Mastercard (physical and virtual)
- Deposits and withdrawals often free of charge
- Safe and secure (PCI-DSS Level 1)
- Free withdrawals to bank account
- Accepted at most online casinos
- Skrill VIP rewards and benefits
- Customer service.
- Some casino bonuses may be restricted when using this payment method
- Account required before use
- Fees to upload funds
- Country restrictions.
With all the above in mind, and unless you’re from France or Canada, we recommend Skrill as a go-to casino payment method. It’s reliable and safe to use, easily found at most casinos, and enables casinos to process your withdrawal quicker and cheaper than most conventional banking methods. Just be sure there are no bonus restrictions and you’ll be fine.