Avalanche reels slots, also popularly known as cascading reels slots, tumbling reels, and collapsing reels, is a special feature becoming more and more predominant in online casino slots. Cascading reels slots differ considerably from traditional slots in that the winning symbols vanish and the space they leave is filled with symbols that freefall, which gives players more opportunities for winning. Avalanche reels slot games are heavily preferred by slot enthusiasts due to their ability to spark excitement in moments players feel they can bag consecutive wins from a single wager.
NetEnt's avalanche reels
For two decades, NetEnt has been at the forefront of delivering creative and exceptional slots and it's hardly a surprise that the Swedish developer was the first to introduce avalanche reels slot machines online. In 2010, Gonzo’s Quest was the company's maiden avalanche reels slot and fast-forward to 2015, NetEnt followed it up with the Pyramid: Quest for Immortality slot - another incredible slot that replaced the traditional reel spin with the avalanche feature. Over the years, other developers have incorporated this feature into some of their games, with Quickspin's swooping reels feature as a prime example.
Advantages of avalanche reels rlots vs standard seels slot
In a standard reels slot, gameplay involves spinning the reels and if you land on a winning combination, you will receive your payout and the process begins again. When it comes to the avalanche, tumbling reels feature or rolling reels feature, the process starts in a similar fashion, but in case you get a combination of symbols that will lead to a payout, the symbols that contribute disappear, forcing other symbols to freefall in the spaces left. If you land on more winning symbols, this NetEnt slots feature continues, which translates to more wins for you.
NetEnt's games with cascading reels feature
Gonzo's Quest slot
Gonzo's Quest is an adventure-themed slot developed by NetEnt, featuring 5 reels, 20 paylines, and an RTP of 95.97%. NetEnt games are renowned for having exceptional and crisp graphics and Gonzo's Quest is not an exception. As you accompany Gonzo on a mission to hunt down El Dorado, the 3D animations are a feast for your eyes and the avalanche reels innovative gameplay accompanied my multipliers give you a chance to accrue massive wins. The minimum and maximum wagers are €/£0.20 and €/£50 respectively per spin and you can play the game in our recommended online casinos.
Pyramid: Quest for Immortality Slot
Take a trip to ancient Egypt and try to unearth the Pharaoh's treasures and possessions buried underneath the famous pyramids. This 5 reels video slot from NetEnt features 720 bet ways, an RTP of 96.48%, and is considered to be a low to medium volatility slot. In your pursuit for riches, 3D graphics and an enchanting Egyptian themed sound will keep you company; and just like in Gonzo's Quest slot, the avalanche feature gives you an opportunity to get more wins. Again, you can try it out in one of our recommended online casinos.
Apart from the aforementioned games, there are other slot games with the same avalanche feature and you can check them out in our top 10 best cascading reels slot games to play. A couple of notable mentions would be Push Gaming's Jammin Jars, IGT's Dungeons, and Dragons, and ELK Studio's Tahiti Gold. If you are alien to slots, you can give them a try in free-play mode before moving on to real money gameplay in our recommended online casinos. If lady luck shines on you, you could be in for some incredible wins.
Related article about Cascading Reels:
Cascading features by games providers:
feedback FAQ about NetEnt's avalanche reels slots
- ✅ What is the avalanche reels slots feature?
- As mentioned earlier in this article, the avalanche feature is a special feature becoming more common in online slots released in recent years. In the event that you get winning symbols during gameplay, you will trigger this feature. As such, the winning symbols will disappear and before you know it, other symbols will take up the space created by the symbols that vanished. If you get more winning symbols, the avalanche feature continues which spells good news for you in terms of the size of your bankroll. keyboard_arrow_right
- ✅ Where can I find avalanche reels slots?
- A huge number of online casinos have a library of cascading slots for players to try their hand at. However, we advise that you play at an online casino that is licensed by internationally recognized bodies. Our recommended list of casinos satisfy this requirement and, for new players, there are awesome welcome bonuses to enable you to play avalanche reels slots for longer. What's more, if generally, slots are not your cup of tea, then there are tonnes of other games including table and card games you can immerse yourself into. keyboard_arrow_right
- ✅ Are there similar features to avalanche reels slots?
- NetEnt was the first gaming developer to introduce the avalanche reels feature and other developers have opted to offer a similar feature with a different name. Microgaming's has been christened as "rolling reels", IGT has branded theirs as "tumbling reels", "swooping reels" by Quickspin, or "collapsing reels" for Playtech, the gaming concept is similar.