Casino review / Fallsview
10 Jun 2004
The Fallsview Casino Resort was inaugurated on June 10, 2004 and is located on a cliff along the Niagara Falls on the Canadian side. It is overlooking one of the most majestic wonders of nature in the world and it is designed to captivate and make you want to come back. It is the largest casino complex in Canada and one of the largest in North America. In addition to the casino, it also features a luxury hotel with 374 rooms, a spa and fitness centre, dozens of shops and restaurants, the 1,500-seat Avalon Theatre and a huge meeting and convention area. In this review you can find out more what the huge resort has to offer.
Almost 20.000 m² just for the games
The Fallsview Casino Resort has in a huge casino room with a traditional design, which looks a bit like the Palazzo in Las Vegas. You can visit the casino every day, around the clock. The casino spans over 19,000 m² and offers a very large and varied game selection. You can find out more about them in the following paragraphs.
The slot machines
There are around 3,000 devices accepting bets from 1 cent to $100 available, and you can play the following games:
- games where you can win huge progressive jackpots, such as for example Mighty Millionaire Progressive,
- classic slot machines with mechanical reels,
- latest-generation video slots with digital screens,
- video poker,
- video keno,
- video bingo,
- multi-game devices,
- electronic roulette games.
You can find the following games in this selection :
- games inspired by cult licenses, such as Game of Thrones, The Big Bang Theory, Son of Anarchy and The Walking Dead,
- games that are dedicated to celebrities, such as Britney Spears and Michael Jackson,
- new games, such as Rumble Rumble and Buffalo Stampede,
- popular classic games, such as Golden Pharaoh and Cash Spin.
The table games
Whether you are a fan of the green felt, cards, dice or the wheel, you will find a game you like in the establishment. There are over 130 tables with the following games:
- blackjack switch,
- double attack blackjack,
- Spanish 21,
- Caribbean stud poker,
- EZ pai gow poker,
- four card poker,
- high card flush,
- let it ride,
- Mississippi stud poker,
- texas hold'em bonus,
- three card poker,
- ultimate texas hold'em,
- pai gow poker,
- pai gow tiles,
- casino war,
- sic bo.
You can also play texas hold'em and omaha in a nice poker room that has a very elegant design. It is also the largest and most popular of all such venues in Ontario. You can play against other players in cash games or tournaments.
Not just gambling
With a game selection of this size you can also expect that this is not everything the resort offers. There is plenty to do at the Fallsview Casino Resort. You can sleep there, dine, have a drink and have fun. You can discover everything the resort has to offer in the next few paragraphs.
To make the most of all the attractions of the resort, it is best to stay there for a few days. This is the reason why there is also a large hotel. It is located high above the roaring waters of Niagara Falls and each of the 374 deluxe rooms and suites have been designed to offer stunning views of the wonders of nature.
You have the choice of the following 20 restaurants for dining:
- steak house and sea food (21 Club),
- Italian cuisine (Ponte Vecchio),
- Chinese cuisine (Golden Lotus, Sushi and Oyster Bar and Noodle Bar),
- self-service buffets (Grand Buffet and The Falls Deli),
- fast food (Bakery & Kaffee Haus, Buger King, Canyon Creek Chophouse, DaGiorgio Italian Eatery, Ichiban Sushi Express, Il Gelato di Carlotta, Paramount Fine Food, Shoeless Joe's, Starbucks, Subway, Sweet Point, The Famous and Tim Hortons)
You can have a drink at the following places :
- R5 or the 365 Club that offer a good selection of cocktails,
- Breeze Bar and the Spash Bar that are inside the casino.
You can also enjoy the following entertainment facilities if you want to take a break:
- a gigantic theatre,
- a spa,
- a gym,
- a shopping centre (Galleria Shops),
- a nightclub (Dragonfly).
In short, the Fallsview Casino Resort is an excellent casino that can easily be compared to those in Las Vegas, Singapore or Macau. Although there are not as many other services available as in the flashy counterparts, the casino has a lot to offer and it is a lot of fun to visit the resort.
By car : Highway 420 – Exit 30.
By plane : Niagara International Airport.
24 hours, 7 days a week.