Casino review / Atlantis Paradise Island
01 Jan 1998
The Bahamas is a Caribbean archipelago with around 700 islands and islets and a true tourist attraction. The temperatures are tropical and there are long stretches of white sandy beaches and clear waters. There are also national parks to discover and several Unesco world heritage buildings, including 11 historical lighthouses.
Nassau is the capital of the Bahamas, and in the town is a gigantic holiday resort featuring a water park, a huge casino (the largest in all the Caribbean), a luxurious hotel, 11 swimming pools, restaurants and snack bars, a marina, and also an 18-hole golf course. Atlantis Paradise Island is one of the main attractions of the archipelago and it is also the second largest employer in the country after the government.
A large gaming temple
The casino of the Atlantis Paradise Island is huge and has a colourful and friendly design. It is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and can be accessed by everyone over the age of 18 who is able to present a valid ID card. However, citizens of the country are not allowed to enter or play the games.
The slot machines
The casino offers a large selection of over 750 devices from 1 cent to $100, and there is something for every taste. You can find the following types of games:
- games where you can win a progressive jackpot,
- traditional slot machines with mechanical reels,
- latest generation video slots with digital screens,
- video poker in many different variants,
- video keno,
- video bingo,
- multi-game devices,
- electronic roulette games.
Among these, you can find the following games:
- a lot of classics, such as Fu Dao Le, Cash'm If You Can and Ultimate Diamond,
- many new games, such as Quick Hit Platinum, Super Rise of Ra and Wheel of Pharaoh.
The table games
This diversity can also be found in the selection of traditional games, both in the variety of games and in the design. From the elegance of the baccarat salon, that is adorned with a Chihuly glass chandelier, to the action at the blackjack tables near the Temple of the Sun, everyone should find a game for them. You can play at over 85 tables and enjoy the festive and thrilling atmosphere with the following games:
- three card poker progressive,
- let it ride,
- ultimate texas hold'em,
There is also a sports betting area where you can place bets on a large variety of competitions and then follow the matches on different screens that are available in different sizes.
Many other things to do
You are in the Bahamas! The Atlantis Paradise Island is a gigantic resort that can easily be compared to those in Las Vegas, Macau or Singapore. This means that there are many other services offered and not just gambling. There is even more, a lot more, available than in Nevada or in the great Asian capitals of gambling. In the next few paragraphs you can find out what you can do at the resort.
The hotel at the resort is simply huge, gigantic to be more precise. It is so big it was divided into several buildings, and one of them is the highest of the Bahamas! You can stay in:
- the Royal Tower (the emblematic tower of the complex),
- the Cove Atlantis (that has a South American atmosphere),
- the Beach Tower (which is family friendly and reasonably priced),
- the Coral Tower (that has a contemporary atmosphere),
- the Reef Atlantis (the most luxurious of all),
- the Harborside Resort (that has villa-style residences),
- the Atlantis Marina (absolutely legendary).
For dining or a nice drink you can choose from the following places:
- gourmet restaurants (Nobu, 77° West, Chop Stix, Café Martinique, Bahamian Club, Casa D'Angelo, Olives and Seafire Steakhouse),
- mid-range restaurants (Mosaic, Poseidon's Table, Bimini Road, The Point Restaurant & Bar, Virgil's Real BBQ, Murray's Deli, Lagoon Bar & Grill, Carmine's and The Village Burger Shack),
- cafés (Ben & Jerry's, Brats & Balls, Cave Grill, Daiquiri Shake, Dive in, Marina Pizzeria, Starbucks, Shark's Bite and Plato's),
- bars and lounges (Bimini Road, Moon Club, Sea Glass, Dragon's, Coral & Beach Tower Lobby Lounges, Cain at the Cove, Lagoon Bar and The Point).
You can also find the following facilities for entertainment:
- a nightclub (Aura Nightclub),
- a large water park with 11 swimming pools (Water Park),
- an aquarium (Marine Habitat),
- a 18-hole golf course,
- a spa,
- a gym,
- a tennis court,
- a shopping centre,
- a climbing wall,
- a theatre,
- a library,
- underwater excursions.
To summarise, I can say that staying at the Atlantis Paradis Island resort guarantees a great holiday where you can play golf, enjoy the beach a nightclubs and many other things. There is even a fantastic casino with a very interesting game selection that offers something for almost every taste.
By plane : International airport of Lynden Pindling.
24 hours, 7 days a week.