Scientific Games operates in the lottery and gaming spaces by offering casino, interactive and instant lottery games through casino, retail or digital channels. For 2016, they had revenue of approximately $2.9 billion. Their headquarters is Las Vegas, Nevada and service clients all over the world. They have a portfolio of companies that include Bally, Bally Systems, Shuffle Master and WMS.
The slot games list includes proprietary names such as Zues: Son of Kronis, Sword of Destiny and Angel Blade. There are also licensed brands like Wonder Woman – Golden Lasso and Playboy.
Strengths and weaknesses
Scientific Games has carved out several advantages for itself that include:
- offering electronic gaming machines for video lottery, casino, arcade and bingo customers worldwide,
- an assortment of proprietary and licensed games, which include live and non-live table games, progressives jackpots, card shufflers and chip sorters,
- a history of awards recognizing their innovation and their leadership,
- having acquired NYX Gaming which gave them access to the NYX Open Gaming System (OGS) platform that lets licensees operate multi-vendor casino content from any location.
There are a couple of notable drawbacks that include:
- there are no download version of the games,
- there is not much in the way of traditional 3-reel slot games available.
Solid reputation and UK Gambling Commission license
Scientific Games is a publicly listed company that has built a solid reputation as it has grown to become one of the pre-eminent software providers. Scientific Games (Gibraltar) is licensed and regulated by the UK Gambling Commission which ensures compliance with applicable laws.