Casino review / Trump Taj Mahal Atlantic City
Trump Entertainment Resorts
01 Jan 1990
October 10, 2016
In my opinion, no trip to Atlantic City would be complete without a visit to the Trump Taj Mahal Casino Resort. However, it is not the best gambling resort in the city; but nevertheless, it has a special place in my heart. In fact, the establishment manages to offer the glitz and glamour of Las Vegas, but still maintain its own identity.
The Trump Taj Mahal has a perfect location on the famous boardwalk, just a few steps away from the beach. The establishment opened its doors in 1990, following the success of the Trump Plaza. It was built for the modest sum of a billion dollars and became the largest hotel-casino in the city. The opening party even featured a concert by Michael Jackson. The casino remained the most popular resort in Atlantic City until the opening of the Borgata in 2003. Five years later, the resort build a second hotel tower (The Chairman Tower) which added 2,000 hotel rooms.
The building was designed by the architecture firm Friedmutter Group, Inc, and has a rather subtle Indian theme which is somewhat old-fashioned when looking at the interior decoration and the crystal chandeliers. However, it has a certain allure and an exotic atmosphere.
Let us now see in more detail what the resort has to offer.
A huge casino
Let me start this review by talking about the casino of the resort. The casino of the Trump Taj Mahal is huge and spans over an area of 15,000 m².
The slot machines
There is a total of no less than 2,517 devices. Among these are:
- video poker (such as for example All Star Poker, Joker Poker, Double Double Bonus, etc)
- games with a progressive jackpot (such as for example Winning Fortune Progressives, Willy Wonka Pure Imagination, Sex and the City Platinum, etc),
- mechanical slot machines (such as for example Reel Detectives, Bonus Times, Top Dollar, etc),
- video slot machines (such as for example Hot Hot Super Respin, Wolf Run, Fire Light Power Play, etc).
The table games
There is also a very large selection of table games available. You can play the following games at over 130 tables:
- 6 to 5 blackjack,
- double attack blackjack,
- big six wheel,
- let it ride,
- four card poker,
- mini baccarat,
- dragon bonus side bet mini baccarat,
- pai gow poker,
- pai gow tiles,
- spanish 21,
- texas hold'em bonus,
- three card poker,
- six card bonus.
The establishment also has the second largest poker room in Atlantic City . There are strong>75 tables with cash games and 14 tables for tournaments. You can play these different variants:
- texas hold'em,
I would like to conclude the review by mentioning that the game rooms can be accessed by everyone. However, if you want to play for real money you have to be an adult of at least 21 years, as it is the law in the United States.
Other services of the establishment
The Trump Taj Mahal has a great location at the boardwalk in Atlantic City, but does not offer as many additional services as a casino on the Las Vegas Strip. Aside from gambling you can find a hotel, have food in restaurants, enjoy a drink in a bar, and enjoy some entertainment.
The hotel has a panoramic view over the ocean and you can see spectacular sunsets. The hotel is one of the nicest in Atlantic City. You can choose from 2,100 rooms and suites, such as:
- the taj tower rooms of 40 m²,
- the chairman tower rooms of 44 m²,
- the chairman tower suites of 92 m²,
- the grand suites of 111 m²,
- the regal suites of 130 m²,
- the penthouse suites from 167 to 232 m².
Although the 1,228 rooms of the original Trump Taj Mahal tower are a little outdated today, it is not the case with the new Tower Chairman where the 782 rooms have been designed in contemporary design. In any case, all the rooms are spacious, well-equipped and have very comfortable beds.
You can find the following options for dining:
- gourmet restaurants (Il Mulino New York, Robert’s Steakhouse, Dynasty, Moon at Dynasty and Trattoria Il Mulino),
- mid-range restaurants (Sultan's Feast, The Rim Noodle Bar, Spice Road, Burger, Plate American Cafe, Go, Royal Albert's Palace, Sbarro, Maharaja Express & Salad Express),
- fast food restaurants (Fralinger's, Panda Express, White House Sub Shop, Hard Rock Cafe, Starbucks, Auntie Anne's).
There are also some recreational facilities, such as:
- a theatre (Blue Velvet Theater),
- a huge strip tease club (Scores) with a size of over 3.000 m²,
- a bar (Robert's Rooftop Oceanfront Bar & Lounge),
- a small shopping centre,
- an indoor swimming pool,
- a spa,
- a massage salon,
- a fitness centre.
So, what can I say in conclusion about the Trump Taj Mahal Casino Resort?
Well, this is undoubtedly an excellent resort in Atlantic City. Of course, there are some negative points as well, for example that parking, wi-fi and the gym have to be paid extra for. Another thing is that the casino and the hotel's original tower could do with a good renovation. However, we do not want to spoil the fun, and acknowledge all the good things about it too.
It is easy to see why the establishment has been so popular in the city. The casino is massive and has a great game selection, and the rooms in the hotel are always clean and offer good value for money. And then there are many things to do besides gambling. Although it is unfortunate that there is no outdoor swimming pool, you have the beach just a few steps away, and well, in the end this is not the biggest flaw of the establishment.
Personally, I have always loved the Trump Taj Mahal Casino Resort and I do not see what could make me change my mind. The overall quality is very high.