Casino review / Time Square Pretoria
27 Apr 2017
The Time Square Casino in Pretoria is located in the Menlyn Maine district, and it opened on the 1st of April 2017. The casino is owned by the Sun International group, and this huge leisure complex was built for 290 million euros in 3 distinct phases. The casino was the first one to be completed, the next phase will include a huge theatre with 8,500 seats (the only one of its kind in the city), and it is due to open in November. It can then host international concerts, exhibitions and other types of exceptional events. The third phase includes a gigantic luxury hotel with 22 floors that is scheduled to be finished in early 2018. Let us now look back to the present, and see what the casino has to offer.
One of the biggest casinos on the African continent
The massive casino has a size of 7.530 m² that is spread over two floors, and includes smoking and non-smoking areas. It is the second largest casino in the country of South Africa, and one of the largest on the whole African continent.
The casino is open 24 hours, seven days a week, and it has a lot to offer for players. However, you will have to be at least 18 years or older in order to be allowed to enter. Some of the fantastic Sun International specialties are very new to South Africa, and include almost 1,000 digital screens that will offer a fantastic and unique experience.
There are also two premium areas (Sun Privé and Sun Lounge) that offer VIP players a more intimate environment.
The slot machines
On the ground floor is the main area for slot machines, but you can also play them on the upper level. There was a total of 2,000 modern devices with:
- traditional mechanical slot machines with 3 reels,
- modern video slot machines with 5 reels,
- slot machines where you can win a progressive jackpot,
- video poker in different variants,
- electronic roulette games.
Some of the most popular games in the establishment are these 8 games :
- Crystal Dual,
- Plants VS Zombies,
- Buffalo Grand,
- Game of Thrones,
- Cube X Ultimate,
- The Lion's Share (with music created by South African singer and composer Daniel Baron).
The table games
Those players who prefer traditional games can find 60 tables with different games :
- raise’em poker,
- American roulette.
To finish with this paragraph about the casino, I would also like to mention that in addition to these 2,000 slot machines and 60 game tables, the casino also has enough capacity to offer 1,000 additional slots and 40 additional table games.
A great place for gourmets
Aside from the top class casino, the establishment also offers a fantastic selection of 12 bars and restaurants. You can find virtually anything, from gourmet cuisine and casual dining, and all sorts of flavours from around the world. You can visit:
- Guy Fieri's Kitchen & Bar South Africa which is operated by the famous American chef,
- Something's Cooking by J'Something that offers an original concept of interactive cuisine,
- Kung Fu Cowboy which is a fusion restaurant of American and Asian cuisine,
- Forti Grill and Bar that is operated by chef Fortunato Mazzone,
- Etas that offers authentic Spanish tapas a Mediterranean atmosphere,
- the casual pub The Brew Monkey,
- the Globe Bar that offers panoramic views of the Menlyn Maine,
- Megusto Coffe that offers a selection of the best teas and coffees from all over the world,
- the cocktail bar Time,
- the all-you-can-eat self-service buffet Tatso,
- the Altitude that offers a new experience of African-Asian cuisine,
- the tea and confectionery room Candylicious.
In conclusion, I can say, that this huge establishment from the Sun International group is a complete success. The Time Square Casino in Pretoria will really make you want to play the games. The atmosphere inside is very nice, the design is original, and you can also enjoy the many screens placed at the casino. The game selection also offers enough diversity to keep most of the players entertained. It is therefore one of the best casinos in Africa.
International airport O.R. Tambo
24 hours, 7 days a week.