Casino review / du Sud à Saint-Pierre
01 Oct 1988
Reunion is located at the edge of the Indian Ocean, and in the south of the island lies the town of Saint-Pierre, which is also considered the second capital of the island. It is a very touristy place and attracts thousands of visitors who come to enjoy the beautiful sandy beaches and idyllic landscapes. There are also many hiking trails nearby that invite you to discover the beautiful natural sites of the area.
The city also has a casino. The Casino du Sud in Saint-Pierre is the main focus of this review, and I will provide you with more information about what it has to offer.
A games room with two different sections and designs
The establishment has recently been renovated, and offers an elegant and comfortable atmosphere. The games room is in a rather traditional design, and it is open every day. You can enter upon presentation of identification, as you will need to be an adult (i.e. at least 18 years old) in order to play there, and not be prohibited from gambling.
The slot machines
There are over 140 devices from 1 cent to €2 available at the Casino du Sud in Saint-Pierre. The slot machines room is open Sunday to Thursday from 9.30 am to 2 am, and on Fridays, Saturdays and eves of holiday from 9.30 am to 3 am. You can enjoy:
- different games with progressive jackpots,
- traditional mechanical slot machines,
- multiple video slots using the latest technology,
- many variants of video poker.
The table games
You can also play traditional games from Sunday to Thursday from 8 pm until 2 am, and until 3 am on Friday, Saturday, and the eves of holiday. There are:
- one table with blackjack with minimum stakes starting from €5,
- two tables with English roulette with minimum stakes starting from €1.
Fans of texas hold'em can also find a poker room with several tables. The casino organises regular tournaments with buy-ins from €60 + €10.
Dining and drinking
You can obviously play casino games at the Casino du Sud in Saint-Pierre, but the good news is also that you can do other things. You can visit two bars and a restaurant where you can relax and take a break between the games.
You can visit the restaurant Carré d'As for lunch and dinner. The atmosphere is exotic and the restaurant is the perfect location for a meal. You can find the following dishes on the menu:
- a nice selection of salads (gourmet, paysanne, ocean, Italian, charcutière),
- many dishes from the grill (steak with shallots, roasted duck breast with honey, steak, chicken kebab, grilled gambas on a skewer, a fish duo, burger),
- some Reunion carrys (carry with fish, gratin with shrimps and chayote, rougaïl smoked sausages, steak à la créole).
You can also find a bar in the slot machines room and where the table games are, and they are open the same hours as the area where they are located. These two wonderful places allow you to take a break with a nice drink and enjoy a nice atmosphere. Each bar offers a large selection of alcoholic and non-alcoholic hot and cold beverages, as well as some sweet or savoury snacks.
Located within a prestigious complex
The Casino du Sud in Saint-Pierre is located within a large resort: the Villa Delisle Hotel & Spa where you can stay in many different rooms, such as :
- a standard room of 22 m² starting from €175 per night,
- a superior room of 22 m² starting from €195 per night,
- a junior suite of 44 m² starting from €285 per night.
The establishment also has a superb spa that is discreetly located at the bottom of a staircase. The spa offers wellness in 3 massage rooms and a green area with a large hot tub.
You can also find the Planteur bar (in West Indies design) and two restaurants in the hotel:
- the Pierre (a chic bistro with a nice atmosphere),
- the Voile Blanche (that is besides the hotel pool and has a beautiful terrace on the sea front).
It is never a bad idea to visit the Casino du Sud in Saint-Pierre. You can enjoy an excellent hotel with a spa and two restaurants. The casino also has a very nice atmosphere, but of course, it is primarily the game selection that will hold the attention of the players, and in regards to this, there is a lot to do, as the casino offers many different games.
En car : RN1, RN3 or N2.
By plane : Airport of Pierrefonds.
By Bus station of Saint-Pierre.
Slot machines : Sunday to Thursday from 9.30 am to 2 am, and on Fridays, Saturdays and eves of holiday from 9.30 am to 3 am.
Table games : Sunday to Thursday from 8 pm until 2 am, and until 3 am and on Friday, Saturday, and the eves of holiday.