Casino review / Skycity Hamilton
01 Sep 2002
Hamilton is located 130 km south of Auckland (the capital), on the North Island, and is an important city in New Zealand. It is also the main tourist attraction in the entire Waikato region, thanks to the annual Hamilton Gardens Summer Festival. There is also the second largest shopping centre in the country (The Base), a beautiful zoo, the Waikato Museum of Art and History, an astronomical Observatory, as well as several interesting religious buildings, such as St. Peter's Cathedral. There is also a large casino, and you can find out more about it in the rest of this review.
Over 330 slot machines and 20 game tables
You can enjoy the large casino at the Skycity Casino in Hamilton 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. It is accessible to anyone aged at least 20 years, and it is necessary to present a valid identity document.
The slot machines
There really is something for everyone at the Skycity Casino in Hamilton regarding the slot machines. There are over 330 devices and you can find the following types of games there:
- games that give you the chance to win a progressive jackpot,
- classic slot machines with mechanical reels,
- modern video slot machines with digital screens,
- video poker in many different variants.
New games are also added regularly to the selection which keeps it interesting.
The table games
The selection of traditional games is also interesting, and you can play the following games at 20 tables:
- Caribbean stud,
- wheel of fortune,
- three card poker,
- ultimate texas hold'em.
Drinking, dining and entertainment
You can do a lot at the Skycity Casino in Hamilton, not just play casino games. There are also other activities available aside from gambling and you can take a break from playing. What exactly the establishment has to offer is outlined in the next few paragraphs.
Restaurants and bars
What is a better way to take a break from the games than to enjoy a drink or a nice meal? The establishment offers plenty of bars and restaurants where you can do exactly that. You can visit:
- the La Parrilla that has a Spanish menu,
- the The Local Taphouse that is an English pub,
- the Eat Burger that has a large selection of sandwiches,
- the Coffee Post that has a classic café atmosphere,
- the Marble Room that is perfect for a cocktail, a nice whiskey or a glass of Champagne,
- the Zone Sports Bar where you can watch international competitions,
- the Vue Bar and Number Eight which is in the centre of the games room,
- the Blend Café that offers a large selection of drinks and snacks.
Bowling and arcade games
The Bowlevard is located on the second floor of the complex and features a bowling alley and an arcade (TimeZone). It is open from Sunday to Thursday from 9 am to 10 pm, and Friday and Saturday from 9 am to 11 pm.
Unfortunately, it is not possible to stay overnight in the complex, as it has no hotel. However, this is not really a problem as such, as the city has many hotels. Close to the casino are:
- the Ashwood Manor Hamilton Motel *** starting from €55 per night,
- the Hôtel Ibis *** starting from €63 per night,
- the Stadium Motel *** starting from €89 per night,
- the Novotel Hamilton Tainui **** starting from €107 per night.
In short, the Skycity Casino in Hamilton has many advantages to provide for a nice day out for the whole family. There are many bars and restaurants, as well as a bowling alley and an arcade. However, it is probably the casino that will interest the players, and with this regard the game selection very nice and large enough to make most players happy.
By bus : Lines 2, 10, 13 and 29G.
By plane : Hamilton International Airport is 20 minutes away from the casino.
24 hours, 7 days a week.