Casino review / Skycity Auckland
02 Feb 1996
Auckland is the capital of New Zealand and located on the North Island. It is a city full of charm where nature and urban life blend perfectly, and it offers many interesting attractions. You can ski at the Snowplanet and stroll on one of the beaches of Tiritiri Mantangi Island or Waiheke. The city also has many parks, such as the Auckland Domain, Albert Park, Myers Park or the Victoria Park, many museums, such as the Auckland War Memorial Museum which is located in a large building and gathers collections that concentrate on the history, natural history and the military history, the Stardome Observatory & Planetarium, and there is also a large zoo if you like to watch animals. The city is also not far away from the stunning waterfalls of the Waitakere Ranges. There is also a large casino, and I will tell you more about it in the rest of this review.
A huge selection of games for every taste
The Skycity Casino in Auckland welcomes you in a large, modern and stylish building. The casino is beautifully designed and open 24 hours, 7 days a week. You can enter if you are at least 20 years old and able to present a valid ID.
The slot machines
The casino has a selection of slot machines of over 1,600 devices, and you can be sure to find a game you like. You can find games of the following types:
- games with progressive jackpots,
- traditional slot machines with mechanical reels that allow you to enjoy a game in retro style,
- modern video slots with digital screens and innovative features,
- video poker available in different versions,
- electronic adaptations of traditional table games, that you can play without a dealer.
The table games
The selection of traditional casino games is equally good and the establishment offers around 130 tables where you can play the following games:
- wheel of fortune,
- pai gow,
- tai sai,
- three card poker,
- Caribbean stud poker,
- ultimate texas hold'em,
- lunar poker.
Other activities at the casino
The Skycity Casino in Auckland does not only offer gambling, there are also some other activities, as you might expect. The establishment makes sure that all players and visitors are taken care of and that you can take a nice and relaxing break between the games.
If you want to stay overnight you can choose from two different hotels. On one side is the 4-star SkyCity Hotel which caters more to families, professionals and players. It has over 320 rooms. On the other side is the 5-star SkyCity Grand Hotel which is a more upscale place with luxurious rooms. The 21-story complex is located outside the main complex and connected by a footbridge. It is targeting an older clientele, VIPs and celebrities and has over 310 rooms and suites which have all been decorated by the famous designer Chhada Siembieda.
You can have a bite at the following places:
- fast food (Andy's Burgers & Bar, Federal Delicatessen, Sky Café, The Deli and Sammy's Place),
- a steak house (The Grill by Sean Connolly),
- a self-service buffet (Fortuna),
- gourmet restaurants (The Sugar Club and Orbit 360° Dining),
- an Italian restaurant (Gusto at the Grand),
- an Spanish restaurant (Bellota),
- an New Zealand restaurant (Depot),
- an Asian restaurant (Masu by Nic Watt, Jade Dragon and The Hot Wok).
You can have a drink at the following places:
- Sammy's Place,
- Twenty One,
- Sky Café,
- Aces Bar,
- Bellota Rouge Bar.
Some additional services
There are also some other attractions in the complex, such as:
- a theatre with 700 seats,
- an arcade,
- a 200m high observatory that offers a panoramic 360° view for 80km.
In short, it is an excellent establishment to spend some time when in the city. The Skycity Casino in Auckland attracts many players, as it offers a huge game selection in a very nice atmosphere. Visiting the place is definitely worth it.
By car : Northern Motorway.
By place : International airport of Auckland.
24 hours, 7 days a week