Casino review / Resorts World Sentosa
20 Jan 2010
Singapore has become the second leading destination for casino lovers, after Macau, and despite it having only two casinos, it has become the second in the world in terms of revenues, it comes even before Las Vegas. The archipelago attracts millions of tourists from the whole world every year.
The island of Sentosa is located in the south and there you can find the immense Resorts World Sentosa. It was built by the Genting Group, the market leader in Asia, and it cost a whopping 6.59 billion local dollars. When you are there, you will understand why! The fancy establishment is full of activities, and you can find out more in the rest of this review about it.
A gigantic games room
The games room at the Resorts World Sentosa occupies a huge space of over 15,000 m² and it decorated with elegance and taste. You can play there 24 hours, 7 days of the week and be amazed by the impressive game selection. The games room is open to all adults over the age of 21 years, and it is necessary to present a valid form of identification. Admission is free for foreigners, but residents or citizens of Singapore have to pay an admission fee of $100.
The slot machines
Slot machine lovers will feel like they are in heaven, as the casino has an impressive selection of over 2,400 devices. Among them are:
- games with progressive jackpots,
- mechanical slot machines,
- video slot machines,
- video poker,
- video keno,
- video bingo,
- multi-game devices,
- electronic roulette games,
- electronic sic bo,
- electronic baccarat.
The table games
Fans of traditional games will be equally pleased to hear that there are over 500 tables with the following games:
- non-commission baccarat,
- blackjack switch,
- Caribbean stud poker,
- European roulette,
- American roulette,
- wheel of fortune,
- pai gow,
- progressive texas hold'em poker,
- tai sai.
Poker lovers will surely be happy to hear that the resort features the only poker room in Singapore. It is not a very bog room compared to the size of the resort, as it only has 7 tables, but it exists! You can play against other players in texas hold'em cash games or in tournaments.
Many other things to do
Although the casino is the main attraction for players at the Resorts World Sentosa, it is also important to know that the resort offers many other services, and not just gambling. It is a city within a city with everything taken care of, from eating, drinking, relaxing to playing. You can find out more about the other services in the paragraphs below.
Six different hotels
The complex has over 1,500 rooms and suites that are spread over the 6 different hotels:
- the Equarius Hotel which is located at the edge of the rainforest and is the ideal retreat for nature lovers,
- the Festive Hotel that offers a lively atmosphere for the perfect family vacation,
- the Genting Hotel Jurong that has stylish rooms for reasonable rates,
- the Hard Rock Hotel Singapore with a contemporary rock'n roll atmosphere,
- the Hotel Michael that features murals and furniture worthy of an art gallery,
- the Crockfords Tower that represents the epitome of luxury.
You can also find many places to dine at. The fantastic selection allows you to choose from your favourite cuisine:
- gourmet (Curate, Feng Shui Inn, Forest, Joël Robuchon Restaurant, L'Atelier de Joël Robuchon, Ocean Restaurant by Cat Cora and TungLok Heen),
- Asian (Avenue Joffre, Happy 9, Malaysian Food Street, The Pair, Wing Choi, BaliThai, Central Hong Kong Café, COCA Restaurant, Din Tai Fung, Shu Jiang Grilled Fish, Imperial Treasure La Mian Xiao Long Bao, Insadong Korea Town, Matsuri Japanese Gourmet Alley, PappaMia, PUTIEN, RamenPlay, Ruyi, Singapore Seafood Republic and Streats Asian Café),
- Western (Chili's American Grill & Bar, Fish & Co. Seafood Shack, Hard Rock Cafe and Tino’s Pizza Café),
- halal (Kampung Nasi Lemak, Roti Canai & Nasi Briyani, BaliThai and Krispy Kreme),
- fast food (Rock to Go Deli, S.E.A.side Snacks, Starz Restaurant, The Bay Restaurant, BreadTalk, Cedele Bakery Café, Gong Cha, Hot-Star, McDonald's, SF Fruits, Slappy Cakes, Starbucks and Toast Box).
Many leisure and wellness facilities
You can also enjoy several facilities for entertainment and wellness, such as:
- three amusement parks (Universal Studios Singapore, Adventure Cove Waterpark and Dolphin Island),
- two museums (The Maritime Experiential Museum and the Trick Eye Museum),
- an aquarium (S.E.A. Aquarium),
- a children's play room (Kids Club),
- a holographic show (K-Live Sentosa),
- a theatre,
- several spas,
- a huge shopping centre,
- nine bars (Casino Royale Bar, Crockford Club, Crockfords Lounge, Equarius Lounge, Michael’s Lounge, The Rock Bar and the CJ's Bar at Quaich).
In short, the Resorts World Sentosa impresses with its massive selection of activities. You can stay there for days without having to leave, and you will not be bored! The casino is also very nice, and there is even a poker room, which is not very common in Asia.