Casino review / Rama
31 Jul 1996
The Casino in Rama is a large leisure complex offering a hotel and a casino. It was opened on July 31, 1996 and is located in the Chippewas Indian Reserve in the city of Rama. It is a joint venture between the tribes, the Penn National Gaming Group and the Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation, and it is the largest Indian casino in the whole of Canada.
The town is located near Lake Simcoe and offers easy access to Cumberland Beach, Bayshore Village and Lagoon City. The famous Mnijikaning Arena Sports Ki rink is also nearby and it takes less than 2 hours to drive to Toronto, a cosmopolitan city with many tourist attractions.
A very diverse and large game selection
The Casino in Rama does not do things half-hearted! The casino room is huge with a size of nearly 18,000 m², and it is open 24 hours, 7 days a week. The casino offers a huge game selection that features all the classics, and many modern games.
The slot machines
There are over 2,500 devices in total available at the casino. Among them are:
- games where you can win a progressive jackpot,
- traditional mechanical slot machines with 3 reels,
- modern video slots with 5 reels and fantastic features,
- video poker games in many variants,
- video keno,
- video bingo,
- multi-game devices,
- electronic roulette.
In this selection are for example:
- many of the great classics, such as Golden Prosperity, Lucky Larry's Loberstermania 3 and Black Gold On the Double,
- many games inspired by well-known brands, such as Game of Thrones, Friends and Wonder Woman,
- new releases, such as Aftershock Rumble, Buffalo Stampede and Mighty Millionaire.
The table games
You can play traditional casino table games at over 110 tables that offer the following games:
- blackjack switch,
- free bet blackjack,
- casino war,
- Mississippi stud,
- high card flush,
- 5 card hand bonus progressive,
- pai gow poker,
- l pai gow tule,
- sic bo,
- texas hold'em bonus poker,
- three card poker,
- Spanish 21.
There is also a poker room in the establishment. It is equipped with a dozen tables where you can play texas hold'em limit or no limit in cash games and tournaments.
Many other things to do
Of course, you can play casino games at the Casino in Rama. However, this is not the only service the casino offers. In fact, the establishment is worthy of those of Las Vegas, Macao and Singapore, and offers some other things that you can do there. You can find out what these are in the rest of this review.
If you have come to enjoy the games for a while longer you can stay in the large Orillia Hotel that was inspired by the classic cottages that surround the lakes of the region. There are over 280 rooms and suites, and you can also use the following facilities:
- a spa (Balance in Life Spa),
- a gym,
- an indoor swimming pool.
You have the following choices for dining:
- the Cedar with Canadian cuisine,
- the Cedar Express for snacks,
- the Couchiching Court with a large self-service buffet,
- the Dream Catcher with a sports-bar atmosphere,
- the Firestarter Lounge with local cuisine,
- the Noodle Bar with Asian specialties,
- the Simcoe Yard House with a pub atmosphere,
- the St. Germain's which has a steakhouse menu,
- the Weirs Restaurant dedicated to English fish and chips,
- the Willows with a large selection of international specialties.
The Casino in Rama is also famous for its large theatre hall that can accommodate more than 5,000 people. Many big names have already performed here, such as:
- rock bands, such as ZZ Top, Deep Purpule and Kiss for example,
- the singers Laura Pausini, Diana Ross and Kelly Clarkson for example,
- the comedians Jay Leno, Bill Cosby and Jeff Foxworthy, among others,
- the magician David Copperfield,
- the singers Johny Mathis, Smokey Robinson and Art Garfunkel for example.
The theatre has also hosted special events, such as:
- concerts with Chinese stars, such as Vivian Chow, Raymond Lam or Joey Yung for example,
- MMA boxing events.
In short, there is a lot to do at the Casino in Rama. However, it is definitely the huge casino that will catch the attention of the players. The game selection is fantastic and offers games for virtually every taste.
Located less than 2 hours from Toronto.
24 hours, 7 days a week