Review written by Sophie Couard, June 16, 2016.
The charming town of Pornic is located on the Atlantic Ocean, just 50 km from Nantes. The town is known for its ancient castle and the old port. Tourism and seafood are the main resources of the town, and people also appreciate its earthenware, the thalassotherapy centre, the 18-hole golf course and the freshwater mill. It also boasts many sandy beaches, a beautiful path that offers the possibility of hiking 14 km along the coastline, the Tumulus des Mousseaux, the La Touche manor and the Church of Clion. There is also a casino which is managed by the Partouche group. You can find out what the casino has to offer in the rest of this review.
The great classics of casino games
The Partouche Casino in Pornic is located on the quays and offers a beautiful views of the Old Port of the city. The casino is open 7 days a week and you can discover the games in a nice and warm atmosphere created by the elegant design of the games room, You can enter the casino if you are over the age of 18, and not prohibited from gambling. It is also mandatory to present a valid identification at the entrance.
The slot machines
The slot machines room is open every day from 10 am to 3 am. You can enjoy over 115 devices accepting denominations ranging from 1 cent to €5. Fans of slot machines can find the following games:
- games where you can win large progressive jackpots, such as the famous Megapot and Megapok,
- traditional slot machines with mechanical reels that offer you a retro-style experience,
- latest generation video slots with many special features,
- video poker in different versions,
- an electronic roulette with 6 spaces.
The table games
Fans of traditional games are also not forgotten about. The casino offers 4 tables that are available every day from 8.30 pm to 3 am in the morning, and you can play the following games:
- 2 tables with English roulette and minimum bets starting from €1,
- 2 tables with blackjack and minimum bets starting from €2.
Dining and drinking
Although the game selection is not very fancy at this casino you can still find some variety in the slots and the great classics of table games. To make the most of your stay at the establishment the Partouche Casino in Pornic also offers a bar and a restaurant. These are perfect places to take a break from the games and enjoy a meal or drink, but unfortunately, establishment does not have a hotel.
You can enjoy a drink at the Casino Bar every day from 10 am and until 3 am. There is even a terrace that offers an exceptional view of the Old Port. It is the perfect place to order a coffee, a soda, a beer or a cocktail and enjoy the view. You can even get some food, such as a salad or a burger, and live music concerts are organised every weekend.
The Brasserie du Casino is located on the first floor of the complex and offers set menus from €12 to €21. You can also order:
- oysters, foie gras or fish soup as starters
- bufala perls with spinach pesto sauce, scallops with chorizo and tomatoes, or a minced duck breast with green pepper as main courses,
- profiteroles, a tarte tatin or a crème brûlée as a dessert.
The Partouche Casino in Pornic does not offer accommodation, which means that you will have to look somewhere else if you want to stay overnight. There are some hotels near the casino:
- the Hôtel les Alizés ** starting from €50 per night,
- the Alliance Pornic Resort Thalasso & Spa *** starting from €129 per night.
In short, Partouche Casino in Pornic is a good, but small casino. The game selection is a little limited and only provides classic games, but the atmosphere is very nice. A special mention goes to the terrace overlooking the old port where you can enjoy an excellent burger and a nice view.
By car : Motorway A11 from Paris and Motorways A83 and A10 from Bordeaux.
By train : Train station of Pornic.
By plane : Airport of Nantes Atlantique which is 30 minutes away.
Slot machines : every day from 10 am to 3 am.
Table games : every day from 8.30 pm to 3 am.