Review written by Sophie Couard, on May 31, 2016.
Palavas-les-Flots was founded in 1850, following a separation of the territory of the neighbouring communes. The town is located on the coast of the Gulf of Lion and is a popular seaside resort in the department of Hérault. The success of the town can be explained by the fishing industry and its close proximity to Montpellier, which is only around 10 km away if you take the motorway.
Of course, it is mainly the beaches that attract the visitors and have led to the town becoming a popular holiday resort. With a lengths of 7 km, they spread between Carnon in the east and Villeneuve-lès-Maguel in the west, and you can do many activities, such as swimming, surfing and beach games.
There are also some interesting sights, such as the Church of Saint-Pierre or the Chapel of Notre Dame, as well as several museums, the lighthouse and also a casino that was built at the end of the 19th century.
A traditional and sufficient game selection
The Partouche Casino in Palavas-les-Flots is located very close to the town centre and the port, opposite the beach, and it welcomes you to a casino games room with a traditional design. The casino can be accessed by anyone over the age of 18 who is not prohibited from playing money games and is able to present a valid form of ID.
The slot machines
The slot machine room is open Sunday to Thursday from 10 am to 3 am, and until 4 am on Fridays, Saturdays and eves of public holidays. You can enjoy over 100 devices that are distributed over two large game rooms. Among them are:
- games where you can win a progressive jackpot such as the famous Megapot and the Megapok,
- traditional slot machines with mechanical reels that give you a retro experience,
- latest generation video slots with digital screens and many special features,
- video poker in many different variants,
- an electronic roulette with 10 spaces.
The table games
The traditional games room is located on the ground floor, and it is open Sunday to Thursday from 9 pm to 3 am from, and until 4 am on Fridays, Saturdays and eves of public holidays. The boule table is open from September to June, on Monday and Tuesday. You can enjoy the 6 tables with traditional casino games, and these are:
- 2 tables with English roulette with minimum stakes of €2,
- 2 tables with blackjack with minimum stakes of €5,
- 1 table with boule with minimum stakes of €1,
- 1 table with casino texas hold'em with minimum stakes of €4.
Dining and drinking
The game selection of the Partouche Casino in Palavas-les-Flots is traditional but comprehensive. It should make most of the players happy. However, the games are not everything the casino has to offer, you can also make use of other services and take a relaxing break between the games. You can find out more about these services in the next paragraphs.
The bar is open every day at the same times as the casino, Sunday to Thursday from 10 am to 3 am, and until 4 am on Fridays, Saturdays and eves of public holidays. The menu is varied and you can choose from a large selection of hot and cold drinks, alcoholic and non-alcoholic. There are even some sandwiches and ice cream on the menu if you are a little hungry.
If you wish to have a more substantial lunch or dinner you can visit to the Le Caz brasserie. It is located on the first floor and offers a panoramic view of the harbor. The restaurant is open every day from 12 pm to 2 pm or lunch and from 7.30 pm to 10.30 pm for dinner (until 11.30 pm on Friday, Saturday and the eves of public holidays. You can also find several set menus, such as:
- dish of the day + a drink for €9.90,
- starter of the day + dish of the day or dish of the day + dessert of the day or starter of the day + a dessert à la carte for €14.90,
- starter of the day + dish of the day + dessert of the day for €19.90,
- a starter + a main course + a dessert à la carte for €24.90.
Unfortunately, the establishment does not offer any accommodation. If you want to stay overnight, you will have to look elsewhere in the city, but this is not really a problem as such, as there are many hotels. The ones closest to the casino are:
- the Hôtel Tanagra ** starting from €64 per night,
- the Hôtel de la Plage *** starting from €76 per night,
- the Hôtel Le Brasilia *** starting from €87 per night,
- the Hôtel Amérique *** starting from €91 per night.
In short, the Partouche Casino in Palavas-les-Flots is a very nice casino. The establishment offers a sufficiently large and varied game selection that should satisfy most players, and the atmosphere inside is very nice too.
By car : Motorway A9 (E80).
By plane : Airport of Montpellier which is 6 km away.
By train : Train station of Montpellier which is 10 km away.
Slot machines : Sunday to Thursday from 10 am to 3 am, and until 4 am on Fridays, Saturdays and eves of public holidays.
Table games : Sunday to Thursday from 9 pm to 3 am from, and until 4 am on Fridays, Saturdays and eves of public holidays.