Casino review / New Brunswick Moncton
01 Jan 2010
New Brunswick is as large as Belgium and the Netherlands combined, and it is the only officially bilingual Canadian province. It is a very touristy place with warm water beaches, beautiful landscapes and plenty of outdoor activities that attract many visitors every year, who also come to discover the Acadian culture.
Moncton has been nicknamed Hub City, and it is one of the largest cities in the province. It is located in Westmorland County, in the Petitcodiac River Valley, and it has many attractions to offer, such as Magnetic Hill (a gravitational hill with optical illusions), Magic Mountain (the largest water park on the Atlantic coast of Canada) and the beautiful Centennial Park.
In addition to a zoo and two large shopping centres (Northwest Centre and Wheeler Park Power Centre), the city also offers an interesting casino, which I will tell you more about in the rest of this review.
A great game selection in a 70s atmosphere
The New Brunswick Casino in Moncton is located in a large building with a tall lighthouse tower. You can visit the 2.200 m² casino and enjoy a psychedelic carpet and a sleek white ceiling, which creates a fun and futuristic nightclub atmosphere. To enter the casino you will have to present two pieces of identification to prove that you are 19 years of age or older.
The slot machines
The slot machine room is open Monday to Thursday from 7 am to 3 pm and 24 hours on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. The casino offers a grand selection of over 600 devices, with:
- games that give you the chance to win a large progressive jackpot,
- traditional slot machines with mechanical reels that give you a retro experience,
- latest generation video slots with digital screens and many special features,
- video poker in many different variants.
Some of these games are for example:
- many cult games, such as Garden of Babylon, Ultra Stak Lion and Trip Hot Ice,
- different games that feature popular shows, such as The Walking Dead, Bejeweled and The Ellen Degeneres Show,
- some new impressive slots, such as Sphinx 3D, The Swordsman and Gems of the Night.
The table games
The traditional table games are available Sunday to Thursday from noon until 3 am, and until 6 am on Friday and Saturday. There are only a dozen tables where you can play:
The poker room is open Sunday to Thursday from noon until 3 am, and until 6 am on Friday and Saturday. You can play texas hold'em and omaha cash games, and the casino also organises weekly tournaments where you can compete against the other players.
Dining, drinking and entertainment
Besides this well-equipped games room, there are also other services offered by the casino. This is great news, as this means that you can also take a break from playing and return rested to enjoy the games even more afterwards.
The casino itself is located inside a large hotel. This is the only 4.5 star hotel in the entire city of Moncton. It has a total of 126 spacious rooms and suites, such as:
- the deluxe room of 42 m²,
- the suite studio of 54 m²,
- the luxury suite of 73 m²,
- the marquis suite of 73 m²,
- the royal suite of 125 m².
Each of the rooms is equipped with:
- wireless internet access,
- a telephone line,
- a 37'' HD LCD TV,
- a mini fridge,
- a desk,
- a hair dryer,
- an ironing board and iron.
Aside from this, the hotel also has a 325 m² large spa.
Bars and restaurants
You can visit the following places for dining and enjoying a drink:
- a large self-service buffet (Buffets) that has a different theme every day of the week,
- A pub (Hub City) that is open every day between 10.30 am and 2 am,
- a bar at the heart of the casino (Rue 333 Bar).
You can also find a beautiful theatre (Molson Canadian Centre) that provides for great entertainment with live music concerts by English and French-speaking artists.
In short, the New Brunswick Casino in Moncton is a very nice casino. Especially if you like slot machines you have to visit it, as there are over 600 devices with many fantastic games. Although there are not many traditional games available, you can play at 12 tables, which is still enough. There is also the psychedelic design that makes visiting the casino worthwhile!
By car : Highway #2 (Trans-Canada Highway).
By plane : International Airport of Greater Moncton.
Slot machines : Monday to Thursday from 7 am to 3 pm and 24 hours on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Table games : Sunday to Thursday from noon until 3 am, and until 6 am on Friday and Saturday.