Casino review / de Marrakech
01 Jan 1952
Marrakech is located at the foothills of the Atlas Mountains and attracts over two million tourists from around the world every year. The city is particularly famous for its many Moorish buildings for its riads but also for its many souks. The city has several advantages, such as its warm temperatures that are an average around 26 degrees all year.
You can also find the oldest casino in Morocco in the heart of Hivernage district. The casino was opened in 1952 and has become a legend among players. You can enjoy a cosy atmosphere and experience the fever of gambling every night. Behind its period façade, which looks like it has been taken out of a detective movie of the 1950s, the establishment has been completely renovated and offers very modern facilities.
You can find out more about this wonderful complex in the following few paragraphs in our review about the casino.
A nice casino
The casino of the establishment stretches over 2,500 m², and offers a relatively traditional decoration which is very nice, and even a little retro. The casino can be accessed by all adults, which means everyone over the age of 18, and it is necessary to resent a valid ID upon entering.
The slot machines
There are 100 devices available in the casino, and the games room is open from 2 pm to 5 am. You can enjoy:
- traditional mechanical slot machines,
- modern video slot machines,
- video poker,
- games where you can win a progressive jackpot.
The table games
Those who prefer more traditional casino games can find 20 tables with the following games:
- ultimate texas hold'em.
The slots are available every day from 8 pm in the evening to 5 am in the morning.
The casino in Marrakech also has a very lively and dynamic poker room. The games are available every day from 6 pm to 8 am, and you can participate in tournaments and cash games. The variants available are texas hold’em and omaha poker.
In the heart of a prestigious resort
The games room is not the only attraction of the establishment, as the Casino in Marrakech is also located in a beautiful resort, the Es Saadi Gardens & Hotel. The resort offers accommodation, wellness, dining and leisure facilities, and you can find out more about them in the next paragraphs below.
You can stay in different types of rooms:
- villas (1001 Nights Villa, Andalusian Villa, Roman Villa, Maharaja's Villa, Persian Villa, Casablanca Villa, Berber Villa, Favorite's Villa, Sultan's Villa and the Amazir Villa),
- ksars which are small private villas inspired by the Berbers,
- a palace with Junior Suites of 70 m², Executive Suites of 80 m² with a terrace, Superior Corner Suites of 100 to 120 m² with a terrace, Deluxe Senior Suites of 130 to 140 m² with a terrace and the Deluxe Corner Suites of 150 to 180 m² with a terrace,
- A hotel with different standard rooms of 35 m² with balcony, Deluxe Suites Atlas View of 75 m², Junior Corner Suites Poolside of 85 m², Poolside Bungalows of 45 to 75 m².
You can also enjoy different wellness activities:
- two spas,
- an oriental spa,
- a Dior Institut,
- a hair dresser,
- a barber.
You have different options for dining and drinking :
- the Cour des Lions, the Lagon & Jardin, the Bio du Bled, the Island Bar and the Egyptian Bar in the palace,
- the Restaurant Gastronomique, the Around the Pool, the Jardin d'Hiver, the Moroccan Dinner Show and the Piano Bar in the hotel,
- the Epicurien and the Casino Terrace in the games room.
You can also enjoy different leisure activities :
- tennis courts with a clay court type,
- a gym,
- an outdoor swimming pool of 400 m²,
- an outdoor swimming pool of 2.400 m² with a 300 m² heated pool in winter,
- an indoor swimming pool of 300 m²,
- a beauty parlour,
- Moroccan artisan shops,
- a trendy nightclub (Theatro Night Club).
In short, there are many attractions at the Casino in Marrakech. The establishment is located in a prestigious resort that offers many interesting activities. The games room is also very enjoyable, and the game selection is traditional but interesting. The poker room is especially popular with fans of texas hold'em and omaha poker. In conclusion, I can say that the casino is well worth visiting.
Hivernage district in Marrakech.
Slot machines : 2 pm to 5 am.
Table games : 8 pm to 5 am.
Poker room: 6 pm to 8 am.