Review written by Sophie Couard, October 13, 2015.
There are two casino hotels on the famous Las Vegas Strip that are more legendary than their neighbours. On one side is the legendary Caesars Palace that is known for the many sporting events, and it has often served as a filming location for movies, and on the other side we have the famous Bellagio. This casino is known for its splendour and luxury, and in our review below we would like to tell you more about its outstanding reputation.
Slot machines, table games, poker and sports betting
For us casino lovers, it is above all the selection of games that is of interest. This means that I will start the review by telling you more about the impressive game selection that is accessible 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
You should keep in mind that people of all ages can access these areas, but you have to be over the age of 21 to play at or even touch one of the games, which is the law in the United States.
The slot machines
Fans of one-armed bandits, modern video slot machines, or video poker will be happy to hear that they can find virtually any type of game in the gigantic slot machine selection of the Bellagio with more than 2,300 machines. Among them we can find a lot of progressive jackpot slots, many of which offer jackpots of more than a million dollars. I also enjoyed the regular tournaments with prizes ranging from $100,000 to over $2 million.
The table games
There is also a great selection of traditional games located in the same room as slot machines, and among the games are:
- American roulette,
- three card poker,
- pai gow poker,
- pai gow,
- let it ride.
Outside the room with the slot machines and traditional games we can also find a huge 650 m² poker room that has no less than 40 tables. I really like this room, as all the walls are decorated with works of art from LeRoy Neiman showing various tournaments that took place at the Bellagio. I think it creates the perfect mood for the game when you enter the room.
The Race & Sports Book space
The casino also has an area dedicated to sports betting and horse racing bets. The room is over 500 m² large and equipped with many individual and collective screens showing the biggest sporting events of the world, and you can place bets on competitions that you like and enjoy the thrilling atmosphere.
I am not necessarily a big fan of sports betting or this type of gambling, but I must acknowledge that I had a great time in this room that offers a fantastic atmosphere and very comfortable leather seats. There is also a cocktail service, and you have the opportunity to eat there. Betting lovers should have a great experience there!
Everything for a dream holiday
Obviously, the Bellagio is not only a prestigious casino. The property also offers a whole range of services aside from gambling. If you stay there longer you can enjoy a rich and varied experience with everything that the establishment has to offer.
An internationally renowned high-class hotel
The Bellagio luxury hotel is owned by the MGM Mirage group, and has 2 towers:
- the main tower has 3,015 rooms, 36 floors and a height of 151 metres,
- the second is called Spa, is located south of the other one, has 33 floors, is 119 m high and has 935 rooms.
The atmosphere of the casino is established in the lobby: the gorgeous hall has a grand reception area, and the ceiling is decorated with flowers of different colours made of Murano glass.
It is unforgettable! The staff at the reception are very friendly and professional, and they are always polite and smiling. The "American," friendliness is prevalent, and each new guest is attended to promptly, which is remarkable given the number of customers that make up the queue at the reception.
I suggest you book a room overlooking the famous fountains that contribute to the fame of the hotel and their reputation. You will not regret it! The fountain show is simply magical if seen from high above. But what is even better is that you will have the famous replica of the Eiffel Tower right in front of your room, which is a truly surreal sight.
The rooms are well maintained and luxuriously finished, but not over the top. They are large and have equipment, such as a remote control for curtains, comfortable bedding and a spacious bathroom with products. In short, there is nothing to say ... except that everything comes at a price; and it is relatively high, but if you want to treat yourself, it is entirely justified.
Excellent restaurants with different styles
In addition to your stay at the Bellagio, you can also enjoy a wide selection of restaurants offering cuisines from around the world for different budgets.
The gourmets among us will be happy to hear that there are many prestigious restaurants in the establishment:
- the Jasmine with Chinese cuisine,
- the Cirque with French cuisine,
- the Michael Mina with contemporary cuisine and many specialties with sea food, fish and vegetables,
- the Picasso that is inspired by regional French and Spanish cuisine that also shows some paintings of the famous painter,
- the Prime Steakhouse of chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten.
Restaurants in contemporary designs
It is always nice to dine in a nice atmosphere. If you like modern design, the Bellagio also has some outstanding contemporary restaurants offering a unique architecture and offer a taste of the culinary talents of international chefs. You can find:
- the Fix that has a reputation for their delicious interpretations of American dishes,
- the Lago which is inspired by Italian cuisine (I especially recommend to sit at the patio for dinner, as you will be able to enjoy the amazing fountain while you dine),
- the Noodles dedicated to Thai, Japanese, Chinese and Vietnamese cuisine,
- the Sensi that offers innovative dishes involving the five senses, prepared with regional products in a sustainable way,
- the Todd English's Olives which is inspired by traditional Mediterranean cuisine,
- the Yellowtail Restaurant & Lounge that combines traditional and modern Japanese cuisine.
A more relaxing atmosphere
All the restaurants that I have just listed are excellent. However, they offer a rather chic and classy atmosphere. If you enjoy a more casual atmosphere, you can also find other places, such as:
- the Café Bellagio which is open 24 hours a day,
- the Pool Cafe with American cuisine,
- The Buffet offering Italian, Japanese, Chinese and American all you can eat buffets.
If you just fancy a small snack or you want to eat quickly, you can go to:
- the Café Gelato that specialises in Italian ice cream, fruit juice and fruit smoothies,
- several Palio places offering a large selection of pastries and sandwiches.
A great variety of entertainment
In addition to playing games, sleeping and eating, the Bellagio also offers a particularly wide range of leisure activities. See for yourself, as you can find:
- a botanical garden,
- an art gallery,
- sculptures of Japanese Artist Masatoshi Izumi,
- huge fountains that show elaborate displays every half hour. This truly spectacular show combines light, music and water, and should not be missed,
- Wedding chapels,
- several commercial shops bringing together major fashion brands, jewellery, watches and eye wear,
- 5 fantastic swimming pools in Mediterranean style,
- a spa with a huge gym and numerous beauty salons (manicure, pedicure, make-up, etc),
- a theatre to see O (a monumental show of the Cirque du Soleil),
- different bars and a nightclub to party.
Italian luxury at the heart of the Strip
Whoa! While writing this review I am getting tired just thinking about everything I did at the Bellagio. Although this is just one of the large casinos in Las Vegas, the casino has a charming atmosphere that is worth discovering.
First, I would like to say that the establishment has been inaugurated on October 15, 1998. Since their opening, they have been showing the legendary Cirque du Soleil show called O that still continues to amaze audiences, and the fountains outside are huge visitor magnets as well.
It is also the elegance of the establishment why the Bellagio has such a good reputation. Admittedly, it is easy to see that it is one of the most luxurious hotels in Las Vegas, together with the Wynn, the Encore, the Mandalay Bay, the MGM Grand, the Venetian, the Palazzo and the Mirage.
This means that simply walking through the buildings is already an amazing experience. As I have already said a little earlier: the decor is absolutely beautiful, but it is not necessarily as impressive as the Paris Las Vegas. You will also not see a strong and exotic theme, like at the Caesars Palace, but the charm is indisputable. The style of the Bellagio was inspired by the famous town at Lake Como in Italy, and it is very beautiful, that is all there is to say.
Additionally, the hotel is located in the middle of the Las Vegas Boulevard, right next to other famous casino hotels, such as Bally's, Flamingo and the Cosmopolitan. When choosing this resort, you will be able to walk to most of the biggest attractions of the strip.
In conclusion, I would say that in my opinion any stay in Vegas requires a trip to the Bellagio. It is essential to watch the fountain show, but also to enjoy the luxury and sophistication of the establishment. If you have the time you should also go and see the impressive show of the Cirque du Soleil and dine in one of the prestigious restaurants.
Of course, I also suggest you play at the Bellagio. Especially the large poker room and race and sports betting area are worth visiting.
Staying at the hotel is your choice. It is a beautiful hotel with a very nice design, but a little bit expensive. Is it worth the cost? You decide, but you should know that you will not be disappointed.