Review written by Sophie Couard, on April 6, 2016.
Las Vegas has not been the world capital of gambling since the late 2000s. In fact, the revenues of the local casino industry have been surpassed by Macau. Today, there is also Singapore, that placed the city in Nevada on the third place.
Singapore is a very small country with only two gambling establishments. On one side you have the Resorts World Sentosa and on the other the Marina Bay Sands. It is the latter casino that I will write more about in the following review.
One of the largest casinos in the world
The resort was the most expensive casino complex in the world at the time it opened, and I must also acknowledge that it offers a lot! In any case, I would like to start the review by focusing more on the games room that is spread over three floors and has a size of 15,000 m² in total. The casino can be accessed by everyone over the age of 21 years. However, you have to keep in mind that there are two entrances and exits at the casino: one for the residents of Singapore (who will also have to pay an admission fee of $100), and the other for foreigners.
The slot machines
The Marina Bay Sands has a massive game selection of over 2,300 slot machines. You can find:
- games with progressive jackpots,
- traditional mechanical slot machines,
- latest generation video slot machines,
- different variants of video poker,
- video bingo,
- video keno,
- multi-game devices,
- electronic roulette games,
- electronic sic bo games,
- electronic baccarat games.
The table games
The selection of traditional table games is equally good, and the casino offers an impressive number of over 350 tables. 200 of them are placed in a VIP area. You can find the following games:
- no commission baccarat,
- power baccarat 98,
- 7 up baccarat,
- blackjack lucky 8,
- pontoon pandemonium,
- roulette complete bet,
- roulette with racetrack,
- double zero roulette,
- megalink three card poker,
- megalink texas hold'em bonus progressive,
- megalink singapore stud poker,
- sic bo,
- fortune pai gow poker,
- rapid no commission baccarat,
- rapid sic bo,
- rapid roulette,
- fortune six no commission baccarat,
- royal three pictures.
A huge entertainment complex
The Marina Bay Sands in Singapore was built by the famous Las Vegas Sands group, and the resort does not only have a casino, it also offers other services to attract visitors. It has a perfect location with beautiful views of the Marina Bay and it is a huge multi-leisure complex with a very luxurious and spacious design. The resort features three huge towers that are connected by a beautiful terrace called the Sands SkyPark. Just as in the Venetian in Las Vegas, canals run through the establishment, and you can use gondolas to get around.
The hotel has 2,561 rooms and suites in total. You can choose from:
- a deluxe room of 39 m²,
- a premier room of 47 m²,
- a club room of 61 m²,
- a grand room of 79 m²,
- a family room of 86 m²,
- the orchid suite of 97 m²,
- the bay suite of 138 m²,
- the sands suite of 145 m²,
- the marina suite of 196 m²,
- the straits suite of 330 m²,
- the presidential suite of 509 m²,
- the chairman suite of 629 m².
Overall, the rooms are very spacious, comfortable and well-equipped. There is a full mini bar, bathrobes, slippers, towels and even an ironing board. The beautiful bathrooms have a shower, bath tub and double sinks. The rooms are also kept very clean. But the best thing about this hotel is that the rates for the rooms are very good, and you will get great value for money.
The selection of restaurants is so large that you are spoilt for choice. You can dine at:
- self-service buffets (Rise, Club 55 and Todai),
- bistros (South Coast, Bazin, High Society, Pita Pan, Rise Lounge, Sweet Spot, The Connoisseur Concerto, The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf Beanstro, Trung Nguyen and the TWG Tea Salon & Boutique),
- American (Carnivore Brazilian Churrascaria, Cut and the DC Comics Super Heroes Cafe),
- Asian (Adrift, Hotpot Kingdom, Cé La Vi Restaurant, Long Chim, Sky on 57, Waku Ghin, 1983 A Taste of Nanyang, Rasapura Masters and Toast Box),
- Chinese (9 Goubuli, Din Tai Fung, Fat Choi Express, Imperial Treasure, Jin Shan, The Nest, Tong Dim Noodle Bar and Yù Cuisine),
- French (db Bistro & Oyster Bar),
- Indian (Punjab Grill),
- Italian (Caffé B, Osteria Mozza by Mario Batali and the Pizzeria Mozza by Mario Batali),
- Japanese (Hide Yamamoto, Sen of Japan, Bay and Bay Sushi).
Multiple leisure services
The range of services relating to entertainment and relaxation include:
- the highest swimming pool in the world (with a fantastic view),
- a gym (Banyan Tree Fitness Center),
- a spa (Banyan Tree Spa),
- a huge shopping centre with over 300 shops (such as Ralph Lauren, Chanel, Cartier, Gucci, Emporio Armani and Prada),
- a museum (Art Science Museum),
- a large theatre,
- 20 bars (Adrift Bar and Lounge, Amaro Bar, Bread Street Kitchen Waterfront Bar, Bazin Waterfront Bar, Caffe B Waterfront Bar, Carnivore Brazilian Cocktail Bar, Cé La Vi Sky Bar, CUT Cocktail Lounge Bar, db Bistro Tiki Cocktail Bar, Flight Rooftop Bar, Hide Yamamoto Sake and Japanese Cocktail Bar, His & Hers Cosmopolitan Cocktails, Long Chim Cocktail Bar and Lounge, Punjab Grill Cocktail Bar, RISE Hotel Lounge Bar, Australian Beach Waterfront Bar, Spago Rooftop Bar and Terrace Lounge, The Connoisseur Concerto Cocktail, TWG Tea Cocktail and the Yu Champagne Bar Cocktail),
- 4 nightclubs (Avalon Nightclub, Cé La Vi Nightclub and Rooftop Lounge, Club55 and the Pangaea Nightclub).
In short, the Marina Bay Sands in Singapore is an absolutely amazing complex. It is a city within the city, and it is almost like being in Las Vegas. It is a crazy and enormous place! Unfortunately, the casino does not have a poker room, bingo parlour or an area for sports betting and races, but the casino is very big and has a great game selection. In short: the game selection is so large that everyone should find their favourite games!