Review written by Sophie Couard, May 31, 2016.
Innsbruck is located right in the Alpine massif, in the Austrian part, and is the second most important city in Europe in this particular geographical location. It is a cultural centre of the region, and attracts many visitors who come to enjoy the famous winter sports facilities or who visit national and international congresses that take place at the Innsbruck Congress Hall.
Of course, they also discover the architectural charms of the city that has many attractive buildings, such as the Innsbruck Cathedral, the Basilica di Wilten, the Helbinghaus, the Mausoleum of Emperor Maximilian at the Hofkirche or the Tyrolean Folk Art Museum.
There is also a casino operated by the Casinos Austria group. But what exactly does it offer? This is the question that I will answer in the rest of this review about it.
Two separate game rooms with a nice atmosphere
The Casino in Innsbruck is located inside a building with modern architecture. The spacious and classy games room can be accessed by adults only, i.e. everyone of 18 years or older, and it is necessary to present a valid identity document. The casino has two distinct game rooms:
- the Jackpot Cafe is open from 11 am to 3 am and has a casual atmosphere and no dress code,
- the Casino Classic is open from 3 pm to 3 am and is a more elegant room with a dress code.
The slot machines
The establishment offers over 200 devices with:
- over 80 slot machines in the Jackpot Cafe,
- over 150 slot machines and electronic roulette games in the Casino Classic.
Among these games are the following types:
- games where you can win a progressive jackpot, such as the famous Mega Million Jackpot,
- traditional slot machines with mechanical reels that offer a retro experience,
- modern video slot machines with digital screens,
- video poker in many different versions.
The table games
Regarding the traditional games, you can find a dozen tables with the following games:
- 1 table with blackjack at the Jackpot Cafe with minimum stakes starting from €2,
- 4 tables with blackjack at the Casino Classic with minimum stakes starting from €5,
- 6 tables with American roulette at the Casino Classic with minimum stakes starting from €2.50.
You can also play poker in the establishment. Cash games are organised Friday and Saturday from 8 pm onwards, and you can play:
- texas hold'em no limit with a buy-in of €100 and blinds of €2.50/€5,
- omaha pot limit with a buy-in of €30 and blinds of €5/€5.
There are also tournaments held upon request from Sunday to Thursday, but these are irregular. To find out about the tournaments you can contact the casino directly or look at the website.
Dining and drinking
As you can see from the paragraphs above, the Casino in Innsbruck offers games for every taste. The game selection is large and varied. Another good news is also that the casino offers nice areas where you can take a break and relax between the games.
You can visit the Cuisino Bar & Lounge. As the name implies, you can order from a large selection of hot and cold drinks, alcoholic or non-alcoholic. There are a lot of beers and cocktails on the menu, some are classics and others more original creations. You can also order small dishes from the snack menu. If you wish to have something more substantial to eat you can also order from several interesting menus.
Two partner hotels
You can play casino games, dine and have a drink at the Casino in Innsbruck. However, it is not possible to stay there overnight, as the establishment does not have a hotel. Fortunately, the casino has two partner hotels close by.
One of them is the Hilton Innsbruck *****, which is located in the heart of the Olympic City in the building next to the casino. The building has 14 floors with:
- 176 air-conditioned rooms and suites with wireless internet access and a full HD LCD screen,
- a relaxation room,
- a gym,
- a sauna,
- a restaurant (Korand).
The other hotel is the Grand Hotel Europa *****, which is located in the heart of the city centre. The hotel has an original design combining modern Italian and Tyrolean tradition. There are:
- 105 comfortable rooms,
- 7 studios and suites,
- a restaurant (Europa Stüberl).
In short, the Casino in Innsbruck is a very nice gambling establishment. The two different games rooms have a nice atmosphere and offer everything needed to make most players happy.
By bus : Lines FB, L1 and L3.
By train : Train station of Innsbruck.
By plane : Airport of Innsbruck.
Jackpot Cafe : from 11 am to 3 am.
Casino Classic : from 3 pm to 3 am.